Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How long would this clean take you?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Joe G

Hi everybody!

I've just had my first commercial enquiry for a block of flats and am hoping some experienced hands may be able to give an idea of how long they think it would take to clean? 

Looks like it's not been cleaned for a while, some cobwebs and visible dirt on the windows. Sorry that the pictures aren't very clear. It is just a two sided building, I took three photos of each side.

In total there are-

8x large skylights

4x small skylights

16x small 3rd floor windows

8x patio doors

4x regular doors

28x 1st & 2nd floor windows

Customer will want it cleaning every 3 months.

I've checked that I can reach the skylights and I can, but there's not much pressure between the brush and the window, like I can't press the brush onto the window because of the angle.

I won't be cleaning the 4 balconies on the top floor.

Also cant actually see the skylight whilst I'm cleaning them. 

Thanks in advance, Joe.

commercial-window-cleaning-block-of-flats-The-Friary-Lenton-Nottingham-0-300x300.jpg

commercial-window-cleaning-block-of-flats-The-Friary-Lenton-Nottingham-2-1-300x300.jpg

commercial-window-cleaning-block-of-flats-The-Friary-Lenton-Nottingham-3-1-300x300.jpg

commercial-window-cleaning-block-of-flats-The-Friary-Lenton-Nottingham-4-1-300x300.jpg

commercial-window-cleaning-block-of-flats-The-Friary-Lenton-Nottingham-5-300x300.jpg

commercial-window-cleaning-block-of-flats-The-Friary-Lenton-Nottingham-6-300x300.jpg

Are they Juliet balconies and do you have to clean them as well?

Wouldn't like to clean the skylights the way you've described though. Sounds like the pole will  be above your head!

Doddle of a job with the right gear and 2 hours max, probably closer to 1 and a half, to do them.

It'll take you a lot quicker than you think. Access looks good. Can't see it taking any more than an hour, less if you're fast.

I'd imagine that it would take me 45 mins. Along all the tops, back along the middle, along the ground floor. Pretty easy with no access issues.

As it's 3 monthly, they'll be a lot dirtier. If you're after a figure, going on what I've said, I'd be looking to charge £90-£100.

Are they Juliet balconies and do you have to clean them as well?

Wouldn't like to clean the skylights the way you've described though. Sounds like the pole will  be above your head!

Doddle of a job with the right gear and 2 hours max, probably closer to 1 and a half, to do them.

Yes I have to clean the juliet balconies too, I was planning on putting the brush head through the bars to do them.

The pole is at about head height to get the skylights, how does one avoid this? My only thought was to take a step ladder, but I don't like the idea of trying to keep my balance whilst cleaning them.

Do you mind expanding on "right gear"? Is there any equipment beyond a basic setup that I could use?

It'll take you a lot quicker than you think. Access looks good. Can't see it taking any more than an hour, less if you're fast.

I'd imagine that it would take me 45 mins. Along all the tops, back along the middle, along the ground floor. Pretty easy with no access issues.

As it's 3 monthly, they'll be a lot dirtier. If you're after a figure, going on what I've said, I'd be looking to charge £90-£100.

Thanks for your input, I'm glad to hear that. I was thinking it might be 2-3 hours which for me would be a £90 quote.

First clean will obviously take longer 1:5 -2:0 hours roughly, regular clean around an hour , I used to do some stylites  like that on a two storey house right pain ,I think three floors up doing that would be evan worse ,I had to put up a ladder as you just couldn’t get to the top of the window bit in the roof , 

Just wanted to update that I quoted £90. The contact said the price was very reasonable and was accepted.

The first clean took two hours.

I did get an extended angle adjuster for £12 which really helped, TBH I'm not sure I would have managed to complete the job without it! Thank you very much for your help guys.

Back