Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Shopping list for 2020

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DJT

Hi all, 

I spent Christmas time really getting my rounds in order and minimising travel times on days. Its really paid of and I have been earning more money in less time this month which is brilliant. 

I'm now looking at what kit I can buy to make things less stressful on the body and more effecent. Below is a wish list for this month and I was seeing if these are considered a good investment. 

*booster pump from cleaning warehouse as water pressure is terrible. 

*power up HD reel to save time on round and stress on my left arm lol. 

*SLX 22, currently working with old clx 18. 

And a set of carbon fibre poles from carbon tubes to replace my alloy gutter poles. 

All in its about £1400 but I think over the next 12 months plus I'll get that back in time, energy and also money earned through more effeciency. 

What do you think?

Hi all, 

I spent Christmas time really getting my rounds in order and minimising travel times on days. Its really paid of and I have been earning more money in less time this month which is brilliant. 

I'm now looking at what kit I can buy to make things less stressful on the body and more effecent. Below is a wish list for this month and I was seeing if these are considered a good investment. 

And a set of carbon fibre poles from carbon tubes to replace my alloy gutter poles. 

All in its about £1400 but I think over the next 12 months plus I'll get that back in time, energy and also money earned through more effeciency. 

What do you think?

Yes I think they are all sound choices , the had reels are very good I have 6 of them and well pleased with them .

carbon fibre tubes for gutter vaccing are very good again I have had them for over 10 years very lite and strong no flex at all working at 50 feet high I have just sold mine and bought a new vac and elite poles from syyvac but the carbon fibre tubes poles are definitely more ridgid although they can become stuck together as they are taper fit , but you won’t be disappointed with them 

slx pole is a good choice but the extream is lighter and stiffer but they are a bit delicate and cost a fortune 

I went for SLX over extreme because they are a fortune and I'm not amazing at up keep of kit through my own fault so thought it was the best middle ground.

Getting a 0% cc this week and buying everything then gives me a few months to smash it of. 

Shop around and price up everything. What you can save will help later in spares etc 

Check out bladeright cleaning supplies ( Lee Martin's Boss poles are highly recommended 

Skyvac atom for my regular gutter cleans and  I might stretch to an electric HD reel. Im not looking at hot water as the troubleshooting pages always seem quite busy when it goes wrong.

I'll definitely buy the atom before the new tax year.....and just carry on really..

An electric reel will change your life. 

I didn’t buy the hd reel but modified my own and after using it this week makes me wonder why I didn’t do it sooner. 

The saying work smarter, not harder comes to mind ???. 

Around 4-5 years ago I switched to an Xtreme pole and this helped with my shoulder, back and elbow issues but I had intermittent issues, last year I got myself a PowerUp electric reel and my issues have vastly improved to the point I don't have elbow and shoulder issues also I am far less fatigued on the whole. 

A power up reel is a must imo and an slx is fine. If you can afford an extreme or the likes then go for it. Personally I wish I didn’t as now I wouldn’t use anything but my hi mod phantom and they aren’t cheap ?

I'm considering getting an Extreme 22 due to the fact that I've only just started back to work after my operation on the 10 of December. I use the SLX 22 as my everyday pole and I really like it but it might be easier to use a lighter pole while I'm getting my strength back.

Not fully decided yet as I'm concerned about getting too soft.

I'm considering getting an Extreme 22 due to the fact that I've only just started back to work after my operation on the 10 of December. I use the SLX 22 as my everyday pole and I really like it but it might be easier to use a lighter pole while I'm getting my strength back.

Use it initially and when you're somewhere near to full fitness switch back. Glad you're starting to feel better ?

Glad to hear you are improving and going back to work is a good sign but don’t overdo it and set yourself back , let your body heal before doing to much . 

Glad to hear you are improving and going back to work is a good sign but don’t overdo it and set yourself back , let your body heal before doing to much . 
Thanks mate, yeah you're right. I'll have to be careful. My son is doing the hardest reaches while I get the feel of what I'm hopefully capable of doing safely. ??

ive reached a point where i dont need anything wfp wise....ive got everything

xtreme poles

hot water system with frost stat

decent van

electric reel

anybody who gets used to using xtreme poles can never go back to heavier poles......well you can.....but after a while the aches and pains start to come back......i know ive done it a few times over the years.....

best thing to do is just buy a new every day xtreme pole  every 1-2 years.......id rather wear a pole out than my joints/body....their worth the extra money just for the reduced strain on the body alone......esp if you have lots of awkward windows to clean and larger properties on your regular round.....

ive reached a point where i dont need anything wfp wise....ive got everything

xtreme poles

hot water system with frost stat

decent van

electric reel

anybody who gets used to using xtreme poles can never go back to heavier poles......well you can.....but after a while the aches and pains start to come back......i know ive done it a few times over the years.....

best thing to do is just buy a new every day xtreme pole  every 1-2 years.......id rather wear a pole out than my joints/body....their worth the extra money just for the reduced strain on the body alone......esp if you have lots of awkward windows to clean and larger properties on your regular round.....
Most of our work is fairly straight forward. Two storey as a rule, a few bungalows and a few three storey. I do like the exercise with the SLX and it helps with my sea kayaking where we can be out for over six hours  The rate of effort is similar. It's important to keep the strength and stamina tuned.

I haven't made a final decision yet but probably will have to go the route of the extreme at some time anyway as I'm nearly 64, though generally fit as a gipsy's whippet before my illness, and hopefully will be again.

What is your water pressure out of the tap out of curiosity?

DEFO get an electric reel!

I have the SLX22, I was lucky enough to get it right off the bat when I switched to WFP so can't compare but I've loved it since day 1 however I'm now really thinking about getting an Xtreme.

IMO its nothing to do with strength and stamina......its the nature of poling all day long,its obviously better and less strain using a lighter, more rigid pole esp when reaching over connys/extensions,skylights,3 storey,f/s/g jobs day in/day out......it cuts down the risk of RSI.....

Latest Posts

Back