Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

advice on gutter vac

paddie

good evening,

does anyone have any experience with the Issa gutter vacs please?  are they a reputable brand? any good?

thanks in advance for any advice.

I have no personal knowledge of this brand, I wouldn't however pay that much for a front entry vac. The one I've seen advertised says 51mm poles but the entry is only 38mm, this will block all of the time.

good evening,

does anyone have any experience with the Issa gutter vacs please?  are they a reputable brand? any good?

thanks in advance for any advice.

It's a generic vac that's massed produced and looks identical to my old Kiam power products commercial valet vac that went tits up and the low grade so called stainless steel barrel rotted out. The Atom is far better 

It's a generic vac that's massed produced and looks identical to my old Kiam power products commercial valet vac that went tits up and the low grade so called stainless steel barrel rotted out. The Atom is far better 
I've got a 6 year old Kiam that I use occasionally, works great since I converted it to side entry.

thanks for all the advice guys much appreciated, will wait until I can get a better one.

so is the consensus that sky vac are the brand to get?

how about gutter vac are they reputable too?

thanks for all the advice guys much appreciated, will wait until I can get a better one.

sky vac are very good depends how much you will use it and the type of job you will be doing , they are expensive but good kit I have just bought one and we’ll impressed with it 

This very much depends on your budget and how much work you do. It's fine me and @Pjj saying you should buy a Skyvac with Elite poles etc that will knock you back £6k+ but when you're doing £20k+ a year of gutters you need the best equipment out there. If your only doing £2 or £3k a year then obviously you're not going to spend that much.

My personal opinion is buy a cheapish gutter vac, convert it to side entry, to do this it will have to be a metal drum. Buy some 51mm aluminium or cheap carbon poles and see how you go. When and if you start to get bigger jobs then look at upgrading to the more expensive equipment.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a thread on power of vacs think it was detailed in there. That Omni Vac the 4200watt was an updated version of that vac. A couple of people who used to be on here had that ISSA and said it was a very good industrial unit. If you ship about you can get for about £450.

Sky Vac Industrial is Italian I think. 

I need to hijack a Gutter vac post as I know this will have been asked but I can't find it. There are too many Gutter Vac posts for me to start another...

Looking at buying one of these;

https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/collections/gutter-cleaning/products/skyvac-industrial-system

But, I've been told you can't plug it directly into a household socket as it's too powerful. Can anyone confirm or deny? Happy to go with the 110V and get an adapter if that fixes the issue.
My advice would be buy the poles and the vac @THL4KEL mentioned, he knows his stuff about gutter vacs. Or buy the Interceptor, don't need a genie then

I've got a 110 and 240, never had a problem plugging the 240 in to mains electric. I have an RCD on and it's never tripped.

You would have to convert the vac to side entry.

I've got a 110 and 240, never had a problem plugging the 240 in to mains electric. I have an RCD on and it's never tripped.

You would have to convert the vac to side entry.
Effort... And something will go wrong. You're alright, bet you were on scrap heap challenge back in the day.

Or you could forget side entry and get one of these - 

https://www.elseaonline.com/en/product/power-leaf/
200.gif

I'm baffled, as usual ??

Its a lot better brand than Kiam.

Its made in Italy..

You wont go wrong with it, just have a side entry fitted and its as good as the leading brands.

When my current one breaks its what I would buy.

This is the model to buy - https://www.lunesdale-pumps.co.uk/wet-vacuum-cleaners/1241-soteco-issa-640-wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner-78-l-230v-issa640m.html

Thats the same vac that omnivac used I had one just sold it ,with the side entry they are an excellent unit never gets blocked plenty of power , I would thoroughly recommend them  , never came across a job it wouldn’t clear the highest job I did with it was 60 feet I think that’s good going .

Effort... And something will go wrong. You're alright, bet you were on scrap heap challenge back in the day.
Delegate, I'm only one step off the actual scrapheap

Thats the same vac that omnivac used I had one just sold it ,with the side entry they are an excellent unit never gets blocked plenty of power , I would thoroughly recommend them  , never came across a job it wouldn’t clear the highest job I did with it was 60 feet I think that’s good going .
Isn't the Omnivac only a single 1500w 

Latest Posts

Back