Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Durable boots??

Hi,

I bought some waterproof boots in October, they were spot on, kept my feet warm and dry. BUT they have started letting water in, the material has ripped near the toes. 

So they only lasted me 3 months.. 

Does anyone know of any durable boots, that have lasted over 1 year..? 

Many thanks, Luke. 

Hi,

I bought some waterproof boots in October, they were spot on, kept my feet warm and dry. BUT they have started letting water in, the material has ripped near the toes. 

So they only lasted me 3 months.. 

Does anyone know of any durable boots, that have lasted over 1 year..? 

Many thanks, Luke. 

That sounds like sports Direct karrimor shite.. 

Ex army so I recommend a true investment of Lowa GTX mountain boots or Graded secondhand.

Another great suggestion but mucking out boots are Awesome and affordable 

Screenshot_20200128-203006_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200128-203059_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200128-203105_Chrome.jpg

https://www.screwfix.com/p/dewalt-recip-safety-boots-black-size-10/94428

Had a pair for a year and a half. Replaced them with another pair recently when they started to let water in. Had to change the laces once. Had I polished them I'm sure they would have lasted even longer.

Very good point. Polished boots or boots with dubbing last longer however most cheap walking boots adhesive on the soles degrades and disolves with chemicals and even washing up liquid. 

That sounds like sports Direct karrimor shite.. 

Ex army so I recommend a true investment of Lowa GTX mountain boots or Graded secondhand.

Another great suggestion but mucking out boots are Awesome and affordable 

View attachment 19056

View attachment 19057

View attachment 19058
Thanks for that mate! ? 

I couldn’t spend over £200 on a pair of boots! The other option looks good tho, r lass has horses so can wear them up the farm too, but I won’t be mucking out! ??

I have harkilla  gtx boots just apply a bit of  bees wax leather waterproof er and they never leak Evan walking through water , they arnt cheap at £250 but I feel they are worth it had them 3 years now and only wear them in wet winter months but they are brilliant. 

British army ecw boots.

Good up to -13 with warm feet and 100% waterproof.

3rd year with my latest pair and if polished regularly never let water in.

Can get them cheap on ebay.

Screenshot_20200129-114609_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They feel a little heavy at first but did me fine in the army after miles and miles of marching.

Well worth the money.

I have harkilla  gtx boots just apply a bit of  bees wax leather waterproof er and they never leak Evan walking through water , they arnt cheap at £250 but I feel they are worth it had them 3 years now and only wear them in wet winter months but they are brilliant. 

Are they tight made? I'm a 10 but sometimes need a 10.5 or 11 if tight made.

we were only issued with the patrol boots which, at the time was fine and they were good boots, I've tried the hiax ones but didn't quite get on them, although my boys both have  the ecw's and i'm thinking i'll buy a pair soon.

when you think of it our boys and girls have to endure all sorts of extremes and terrains and the government spends millions into developing footwear for the armed forces so the footwear are durable and fit for purpose, I remember during the falklands the brits were swapping the boots over from captured argentines as their boots were a whole lot better than ours at the time and the parka's as well

military footwear is well worth considering and has come on in leaps and bounds over the karrimoor type of hiking boots etc as the budget for development is far more than any other footwear provider.

@Dave B was reme so probably snuggled under a heater all the time, waking up for meal times or the odd parade he couldn't get out of??? 

Back