Jump to content
RonanJohn

Best squeegee with zero detailing?

Recommended Posts

RonanJohn

What’s everyone’s opinions on the best squeegee with zero detailing? Leaning towards getting the Moerman excelerator 2.0..

Share this post


Link to post
windowsurfer

Dogeared unger n wagtail channels. 

I dont get on with the liquidator channels so far,but if u get them working they are good.

Share this post


Link to post
mike007

Liquidator 10 and 14 inch, plus customised 6 and 8 inch channels for openers and georgian.

Share this post


Link to post
Marko067

In the thirty years of trad cleaning before going over to WFP, I never found a single squeegee that reduced detailing to nil. 'Dog earing' my best squeegees came closest to it, but there was always a little detailing to do. 

 

In my experience the best squeegees are the ones with channels that don't allow the blade to flop about too much anywhere along it's length and are dogeared at the ends. 

Share this post


Link to post
Suhrly

I couldn't of lived without my dog-earred squeegee when I was Trad. Anyone Trad who is not using some form of dog-eared squeegee is missing out big time imho. Before I even started cleaning windows I watched everything available on Youtube to give me tips. I came across Wagga (Chris Dawber) who has numerous tips on dog earring your squeegee. So as soon as I got mine that's exactly what I done. I used the Unger S channel. I got the Moerman Excelerator...hated it. I wasn't anywhere near as good as my DIY dog-eared channel. Used it once and now it's in my spare parts bucket.

Share this post


Link to post
mike007

I believe when Tradding, no matter what squeegee you use or however you dog ear it there is always some detailing to do. Be it just the bottom ledge or whatever .What  "zero detailing" squeegees such as the Moermans I use does is they cut down drastically the amount  of detailing I do, and my scrims stay drier longer.

Of course if you do not cover the entire window with the applicator and leave half a inch or so dry next to the frame you cut that detailing more...but the thing is to clean the window and be satisfied that when you walk away from it a bead of liquid does not start running down the pane.

Share this post


Link to post
ks789
On 29/01/2020 at 21:56, DWB93 said:

https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/collections/squeegee-rubbers-and-channels/products/unger-s-channel-plus

I use this channel.. I hardly ever have to do the edges, I tried the liquidator from moerman and wasn't keen

 How come? I dont do much trad but that just looks like an everyday channel. if it is good I'll get one and try it. I have this nightmare job of about 2000 small georgian/french panes. Does my nut in.

On 29/01/2020 at 22:43, Suhrly said:

I couldn't of lived without my dog-earred squeegee when I was Trad. Anyone Trad who is not using some form of dog-eared squeegee is missing out big time imho. Before I even started cleaning windows I watched everything available on Youtube to give me tips. I came across Wagga (Chris Dawber) who has numerous tips on dog earring your squeegee. So as soon as I got mine that's exactly what I done. I used the Unger S channel. I got the Moerman Excelerator...hated it. I wasn't anywhere near as good as my DIY dog-eared channel. Used it once and now it's in my spare parts bucket.

 I got to try that.

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service
On 29/01/2020 at 21:56, DWB93 said:

https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/collections/squeegee-rubbers-and-channels/products/unger-s-channel-plus

I use this channel.. I hardly ever have to do the edges, I tried the liquidator from moerman and wasn't keen

 

S channel is good but nothing beats the liquidator. You only need a cloth for the sills.

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj
On 28/01/2020 at 22:44, RonanJohn said:

What’s everyone’s opinions on the best squeegee with zero detailing? Leaning towards getting the Moerman excelerator 2.0..

 

 

Dont think such a thing exists all squeegeeing requires some detailing tk get perfect results 

Share this post


Link to post
Danfire

Liquidator. Depending on the profile of the window gaskets you can sometimes get away with zero detailing. I don't always bother to detail the bottom if I've closed out horizontally, I'll just give the sill a wipe with the microfibre sill cloth and try to pick up the majority of any soapy water sitting at the bottom of the frame, I figure if there is going to be any little runs later they won't be on the glass.

Share this post


Link to post
strech

Unger s for me wish they did a few smaller sizes though.

Share this post


Link to post
mupps

I have been using the Moerman set up for quite a long time now and it works extremely well and reduces detailing considerably. As someone else said on here; with some window profiles there is zero detailing too.  The best rubber I have found to use with this set up is Black Diamond, and I source this from thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk 

Share this post


Link to post
mike007
13 hours ago, mupps said:

I have been using the Moerman set up for quite a long time now and it works extremely well and reduces detailing considerably. As someone else said on here; with some window profiles there is zero detailing too.  The best rubber I have found to use with this set up is Black Diamond, and I source this from thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk 

At moment I am back using Razr red rubber in my 10 and 14inch Moerman channels because it lasts longer at edges, but alternate with Unger soft(but keep unger soft in my 6" channel). Never tried Black Diamond...but read good comments on it.

Share this post


Link to post
mike007
8 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmK9SNvZ7a0

After I seen Julian, I copied him and never have a problem, effortless.

Make closing out easier for you? 2 options close out to bottom, if sill in way, close out to side. Not sure the benefit the handle has unless the pressure you apply while squeegeeing, which you do with hand/wrist pressure anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service
7 minutes ago, mike007 said:

Make closing out easier for you? 2 options close out to bottom, if sill in way, close out to side. Not sure the benefit the handle has unless the pressure you apply while squeegeeing, which you do with hand/wrist pressure anyway.

Do you have the handle with a liquidator blade?

Share this post


Link to post
windowsurfer

I use dog eared unger channels n wagtail,use the yellow cleaning spot rubber,doesn't like being turned too quickly,as quite a soft rubber,but feel it lasts a decent time. If razor rubber has sorted its quality problems out,that would be my preferred rubber overall.  Even tho my dog eared channels overall do a great job, I still feel the need to get my scrim out n give it a quick wipe just in case of any soap n if I'm being watched👀

Share this post


Link to post
mike007
20 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Do you have the handle with a liquidator blade?

Use the early Moerman combinator handle on the 14", and Moerman bi component handles(think thats their name) on the 10" and 6". Also have 10" excelerator for pole work. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.