Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best squeegee with zero detailing?

In the thirty years of trad cleaning before going over to WFP, I never found a single squeegee that reduced detailing to nil. 'Dog earing' my best squeegees came closest to it, but there was always a little detailing to do. 

In my experience the best squeegees are the ones with channels that don't allow the blade to flop about too much anywhere along it's length and are dogeared at the ends. 

I couldn't of lived without my dog-earred squeegee when I was Trad. Anyone Trad who is not using some form of dog-eared squeegee is missing out big time imho. Before I even started cleaning windows I watched everything available on Youtube to give me tips. I came across Wagga (Chris Dawber) who has numerous tips on dog earring your squeegee. So as soon as I got mine that's exactly what I done. I used the Unger S channel. I got the Moerman Excelerator...hated it. I wasn't anywhere near as good as my DIY dog-eared channel. Used it once and now it's in my spare parts bucket.

I believe when Tradding, no matter what squeegee you use or however you dog ear it there is always some detailing to do. Be it just the bottom ledge or whatever .What  "zero detailing" squeegees such as the Moermans I use does is they cut down drastically the amount  of detailing I do, and my scrims stay drier longer.

Of course if you do not cover the entire window with the applicator and leave half a inch or so dry next to the frame you cut that detailing more...but the thing is to clean the window and be satisfied that when you walk away from it a bead of liquid does not start running down the pane.

https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/collections/squeegee-rubbers-and-channels/products/unger-s-channel-plus

I use this channel.. I hardly ever have to do the edges, I tried the liquidator from moerman and wasn't keen
 How come? I dont do much trad but that just looks like an everyday channel. if it is good I'll get one and try it. I have this nightmare job of about 2000 small georgian/french panes. Does my nut in.

I couldn't of lived without my dog-earred squeegee when I was Trad. Anyone Trad who is not using some form of dog-eared squeegee is missing out big time imho. Before I even started cleaning windows I watched everything available on Youtube to give me tips. I came across Wagga (Chris Dawber) who has numerous tips on dog earring your squeegee. So as soon as I got mine that's exactly what I done. I used the Unger S channel. I got the Moerman Excelerator...hated it. I wasn't anywhere near as good as my DIY dog-eared channel. Used it once and now it's in my spare parts bucket.
 I got to try that.

Liquidator. Depending on the profile of the window gaskets you can sometimes get away with zero detailing. I don't always bother to detail the bottom if I've closed out horizontally, I'll just give the sill a wipe with the microfibre sill cloth and try to pick up the majority of any soapy water sitting at the bottom of the frame, I figure if there is going to be any little runs later they won't be on the glass.

I have been using the Moerman set up for quite a long time now and it works extremely well and reduces detailing considerably. As someone else said on here; with some window profiles there is zero detailing too.  The best rubber I have found to use with this set up is Black Diamond, and I source this from thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk 

I have been using the Moerman set up for quite a long time now and it works extremely well and reduces detailing considerably. As someone else said on here; with some window profiles there is zero detailing too.  The best rubber I have found to use with this set up is Black Diamond, and I source this from thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk 
At moment I am back using Razr red rubber in my 10 and 14inch Moerman channels because it lasts longer at edges, but alternate with Unger soft(but keep unger soft in my 6" channel). Never tried Black Diamond...but read good comments on it.

I use dog eared unger channels n wagtail,use the yellow cleaning spot rubber,doesn't like being turned too quickly,as quite a soft rubber,but feel it lasts a decent time. If razor rubber has sorted its quality problems out,that would be my preferred rubber overall.  Even tho my dog eared channels overall do a great job, I still feel the need to get my scrim out n give it a quick wipe just in case of any soap n if I'm being watched?

Back