Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WordPress Themes

WCF

Help Support WCF:

THL4KEL

Does anyone know if its possible to change your theme on WordPress without losing content and pictures which already feature on your site?

As above it will be like starting from scratch, your only option is to create a new site with the new theme with the url new.windowcleaner (example) then copy and paste the text out of one into the other then once all done with the new site theme set that up with your current website name, all over my head really better of asking @Gav

Cheers guys. My site crashed because I installed a new theme toolbox pluggin, because my theme has not been updated, for a long time due to the fact I did not want to lose my images on the site. Anyway this put the site in recovery mode.

it happened once before and on both occasions if it was not for the fact I installed Word Press App on my android phone I would not of been able to access the control panel of WordPress... My laptop would not allow access just a blank screen.

I fixed it by changing the theme - deleting my current theme - then downloading the new theme and then switching back to the updated theme. All pics/ info were still there. Just had to fix the menu system..

All back to normal now..

Yep often outdated themes or plugins will not only leave you open to big security issues they can also break your site as they are no longer compatible with the updated wordpress code. 

It's important to ensure you keep everything up to date, keep regular backups and use child themes so when your main theme is updated you don't loose any changes you make on the child theme. 

Forgot to mention if you do find yourself in this situation and can not access the admin panel you can disable plugins and themes from the file system in your hosting.

You just need to rename the plugins folder and/or themes folder. Once you have done that you should be able to access the admin panel and slowly work through enabling one plugin/theme at a time to find the culprit. 

Back