Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

2,4 or 6 week cycle?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nick1000

Generally what do the majority of your customers want... 2,4,6 or an 8 week window cleaning cycle? What do you suggest when 'one on one' with customer on that first meet/quote? 

The majority of my new customers (when asked) want 8 weekly but some do switch to 4-weekly, once they realise how dirty they get in that couple of months.

I only really offer monthly cleans, occasionally 2 monthly. Initially when starting up you just want 2 or 4 weekly, 2 weekly if they're in a particularly dirty area, i.e. beside a busy main road or very close to the sea. Personally would start off 4 weekly, possibly 2 if in the dirty area, and gauge the customers reply. Just get the work in the book and start earning money, when busier then start refining.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to offer monthly and 2 monthly.

Recently put them all on 6 weekly and only lost 4.

Had so many 2 monthlies it became a nightmare to manage. 

Now just a 6 weekly frequency for everyone.

I don't offer anything else s when they say how often do you come round the answer is 6 weekly and thats it.

I need a few more customers than a monthly cleaner but was full to bursting anyway so not an issue.

A lot round here thing monthly is too often but in reality 6 weekly is only just over a week longer as an average of days in the month.

My round Is every two weeks. 

I don't see the point in monthly or 6 weekly cleans, it be like a first clean every time. 

Every two weeks imo is the best way to maintain the windows an frames, keeping on top of them an keeping them clean rather than more or less first clean each time. 

I just tell the new customers every two weeks an normally I don't need to explain the frequency. 

I don't see the point in monthly or 6 weekly cleans, it be like a first clean every time. 

Every two weeks imo is the best way to maintain the windows an frames, keeping on top of them an keeping them clean rather than more or less first clean each time. 

I just tell the new customers every two weeks an normally I don't need to explain the frequency. 
Most of my 8 weekly customers (which there isn't many of anymore) are still fairly clean when I visit. 4 weekly customers look almost the same as when I left the previous time to be honest. I guess it depends on a few things.

Shifting everything to 6 weekly from 4 or 8 weekly made my rounds so much simpler to manage. i also get a lot less skips compared to when i had 4 weeklies. 

In england it's only oop north with 2 weekly down south no chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 weekly used to be the norm but now it seems like most go for monthly(4 weekly) although every now and again I still get asked for fortnightly. No bother though as I still do loads of fortnightlys so it’s easy to work them into my round and I also charge same price as monthly’s so happy days. I know some of the old boys that still only take on fortnightly work. 

I only offer approx monthly cleans, anything else is near on impossible to guarantee every month when your busy

In my neck of the woods 2 weekly cleans are very common. However since I switched to WFP I now only offer 4 weekly. I have literally 2 customers who's 8 weekly. Still 75% of my round is 2 weekly but every new one I take on is 4 weekly no options (unless they request 2 weekly).

I have quite a few that initially asked for 2 weekly, just told them it wasn't needed with the WFP system. Sometimes does my head in going back after a month, fancy doing the same thing every 2 weeks  :delusional:
Happy days part timer, but I thought our goal is to keep the windows an frames clean an not let them get dirty? 

So they could be birds shite on the customers windows for nearly four weeks, if the birds decide to **** on the windys shortly after you've cleaned them lol

I'd rather an the customers round here 2weekly, plus twice the price each month lol

Happy days part timer, but I thought our goal is to keep the windows an frames clean an not let them get dirty? 

So they could be birds shite on the customers windows for nearly four weeks, if the birds decide to **** on the windys shortly after you've cleaned them lol

I'd rather an the customers round here 2weekly, plus twice the price each month lol
They could  :1f4a9: on the windows the minute you leave and be on for 2 weeks. I do jobs on a quarterly basis that really don't need cleaning even after the 3 months. I do some pubs on a fortnightly basis and find it very tedious and committal. At least with monthly cleans they can be 4 weekly or a few days over. Each to there own

Certainly not our job to keep the windows clean/ guarantee that they stay clean our job is to maintain the cleanliness of the windows and that's it, I haven't cleaned residential jobs on a 2 weekly basis for well over 12 years, if you are wfp there is no way windows need cleaning every 2 weeks unless they are shop front's 

They could  :1f4a9: on the windows the minute you leave and be on for 2 weeks. I do jobs on a quarterly basis that really don't need cleaning even after the 3 months. I do some pubs on a fortnightly basis and find it very tedious and committal. At least with monthly cleans they can be 4 weekly or a few days over. Each to there own
No bother part timer, so do you not clean  for all month to a certain date? 

Certainly not our job to keep the windows clean/ guarantee that they stay clean our job is to maintain the cleanliness of the windows and that's it, I haven't cleaned residential jobs on a 2 weekly basis for well over 12 years, if you are wfp there is no way windows need cleaning every 2 weeks unless they are shop front's 
Yeah I'm. Water fed mate, horses for courses I suppose, I don't think I could leave bird shite on a residential for near four weeks or six weeks. 

On the plus side I got a new backpack an ultimate brush with the 1.4mm jets, plus the 100degree fans to mix it up. 

The flow coming out is great I'm well pleased as my old backpack was slacking, served me well for near three half years. Great bit of kit. 

Generally what do the majority of your customers want... 2,4,6 or an 8 week window cleaning cycle? What do you suggest when 'one on one' with customer on that first meet/quote? 

Domestic are mainly 4 or 8 weekly 90% are 4 weekly 

Commercial work is mainly 6 weekly but depending on price what ever frequency they want , we do some large costal hotels on a two weekly basis when the weather is bad but the usual time scale they have is also 4 weekly ,it dies come round quick and is a very nice little earner 

Back