Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fixing wfp trolley

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paddie

Good evening all, 

anyone close to birmingham who is handy with the electrics for a wfp trolley?

i have an issue with a trolley which was not charging when I bought it off eBay even though it had a new charger supplied with it. 

I contacted the supplier and he advised to check it it out with a multimeter which showed it was working ok, so got a mate to work on it but somehow it didn’t  Work out and he ended up cutting out the flow controller and some other plastic box out of the middle. 

The fuse also blew after ‘changing the polarity’ of the charger. 

The pics below are of the trolley and the flow controller and the little plastic thing. 

Any help much appreciated 

kind regards in advance and apologies if this isn’t very well worded as I am clueless regards electrics of any kind (haven’t even ever wired a plug). 

3AC9B934-CC1F-4E2F-AB81-0BE58ABD6C0E.jpeg

119FBCED-7FEE-498D-BC04-4443958345D5.jpeg

image.jpg

I only started in November last year so started with this and then bought a Gardiner backpack.

paid £300 for this trolley with a 27ft ionic pole, used it for a number of jobs until I got the Gardiner backpack and it worked. treat.  its a little big to get in and out of the boot mind.

can't fault it though hence wanting to get it fixed, but if more experienced users suggest its false economy will just use the battery and pump from inside and get another Gardiner backpack.

no van mount as yet as no van yet.

cheers

I only started in November last year so started with this and then bought a Gardiner backpack.

paid £300 for this trolley with a 27ft ionic pole, used it for a number of jobs until I got the Gardiner backpack and it worked. treat.  its a little big to get in and out of the boot mind.

can't fault it though hence wanting to get it fixed, but if more experienced users suggest its false economy will just use the battery and pump from inside and get another Gardiner backpack.

no van mount as yet as no van yet.

cheers
i got a pure freedom nano trolley and a diy van mount system but i cant stand the nano a wished i got a gardiners for the back of terraced houses so cheap and have rave reviews

@spruce or @Apw1210 may be able to help, but what you were sold wasn't a wfp trolley it is what it says on the front a sprayer unit, these are shipped in from China on the cheap and sold as wfp products 

i got a pure freedom nano trolley and a diy van mount system but i cant stand the nano a wished i got a gardiners for the back of terraced houses so cheap and have rave reviews
if you manage to get it fixed flog it for the price of my nano trolley i could of got 4 or 5 gardiner backpacks and at least its easy to get genuine spares and advice on them

Good evening all, 

anyone close to birmingham who is handy with the electrics for a wfp trolley?

i have an issue with a trolley which was not charging when I bought it off eBay even though it had a new charger supplied with it. 

I contacted the supplier and he advised to check it it out with a multimeter which showed it was working ok, so got a mate to work on it but somehow it didn’t  Work out and he ended up cutting out the flow controller and some other plastic box out of the middle. 

The fuse also blew after ‘changing the polarity’ of the charger. 

The pics below are of the trolley and the flow controller and the little plastic thing. 

Any help much appreciated 

kind regards in advance and apologies if this isn’t very well worded as I am clueless regards electrics of any kind (haven’t even ever wired a plug). 

View attachment 19097

View attachment 19098

View attachment 19099
Good evening mate and thanks @Iron Giantcan you take a few images of where the pump and battery are located and I'll tell you have to save it 

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty crappy spec for a garden sprayer. The flow controller may of be polarity protected with a diode and it's gone pop. The overall specification isn't best suited for wfp but it can most likely be modified and rebuilt with ease and a few parts from Darren Ansbro at DA Components 

Here's the overall spec as is 

20200130_185411.jpg

Back