Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing for new business

WCF

Help Support WCF:

GarethC

Hi everyone I have now started up my own business and im still not sure on pricing, I live in cornwall, could you all give me a estimate what to charge for this conservatory and these 3 upvc cleans in the Pictures.

inbound3421330568226171550.jpg

inbound6870854494836965369.jpg

inbound69346141613167065.jpg

I would take a full day doing that job. How do you clean between the dormers? Looks like self cleaning glass conny roof. I would quote at least £300 all day long and maybe quote more so I don't get it. ?

To be fair it's probably split 50/50 as the side fascia are nasty and proper shoulder burners but even if you get it class it as a lesson that you're earning and learning from.

Glass conny roofs take at least twice as long as poly roofs
Thanks for reply, how much is a good price for those upvc cleans?

Thanks for reply, how much is a good price for those upvc cleans?

I would take £200 for the pvc and a ton for the conny and expect to take all day. You would need to climb on the roof to clean the pvc between the dormers because you can't clean them from the ground. You could leave them but it wouldn't go down well with the customer.

In that case I have got alot to learn with this, I quote £100 and thought I was expensive ?, how much would you charge for upvc clean?

You won't be in business long at that price. There needs a bit of softwashing on the conny dwarf wall also. £300 in total and not a penny less because they will find it hard to get someone to do it. fwiw

I would take £200 for the pvc and a ton for the conny and expect to take all day. You would need to climb on the roof to clean the pvc between the dormers because you can't clean them from the ground. You could leave them but it wouldn't go down well with the customer.

You won't be in business long at that price. There needs a bit of softwashing on the conny dwarf wall also. £300 in total and not a penny less because they will find it hard to get someone to do it. fwiw
I haven't done softwash yet as I'm not sure what chemicals to use or if I can use it with my trolly system because I'm not sure if chemicals will damage it or not.

That's @Pjj country and it looks like a glass roof ? Personally for me that's a £250 hard half day job. But the Cornish Pirate ? will probably advise double.

Lol that’s very close to me so a competitor , I will have to be very careful what I say , we quote a lot of this type of work in the area , but there isn’t a lot of detail , is the conservatory inside and out ? Or just outside ? Those dormas are going to be a bit fiddley behind the conservatory, if it’s outside only then we would be in excess of £300 if inside as well then considerably more , and yes we get most that we quote .  

Hi everyone I have now started up my own business and im still not sure on pricing, I live in cornwall, could you all give me a estimate what to charge for this conservatory and these 3 upvc cleans in the Pictures.

View attachment 19102

View attachment 19103

View attachment 19104

Hi , you are just up the road from me , do you have the kit to do the job ?? It’s a nice job but £100 is way to cheap should be several times that , we have regular monthly window cleans on houses for more , if you are just starting out I suppose you are earning something and getting paid to learn ,but don’t undersell yourself ,they will recommend you to there friends and then they will expect a cheap price as well , it’s easy to become a busy fool that’s the mistake I made years ago . You can always pm me on hear if you need and advice Ime happy to try and help but obviously we are probably going to both be quoting the same jobs at some point and you will get them all as we couldn’t and wouldn’t work for that price ????

Hi , you are just up the road from me , do you have the kit to do the job ?? It’s a nice job but £100 is way to cheap should be several times that , we have regular monthly window cleans on houses for more , if you are just starting out I suppose you are earning something and getting paid to learn ,but don’t undersell yourself ,they will recommend you to there friends and then they will expect a cheap price as well , it’s easy to become a busy fool that’s the mistake I made years ago . You can always pm me on hear if you need and advice Ime happy to try and help but obviously we are probably going to both be quoting the same jobs at some point and you will get them all as we couldn’t and wouldn’t work for that price ????
I wont work for that no more lol, I literally dont have a clue about pricing yet, bit of advice on pricing would be awesome 

View attachment 19102

View attachment 19103

View attachment 19104

Get yourself a free copy of the new booklet produced by the Window cleaning academy. 

It has some great guides on business start up and pricing guides which may assist you in common pricing brackets etc 

http://bwca.co.uk/become-a-window-cleaner/

I wont work for that no more lol, I literally dont have a clue about pricing yet, bit of advice on pricing would be awesome 

Look at it from the customers point of view they cannot do it themselves , they have spent 650 k on that house or 10-15 k on the conservatory what you are charging for cleaning it is peanuts , what I find works well it tell them to phone Thomas Sanderson for a quote to clean the conservatory they have a minimum price of £1000 that’s generally for cleaning inside and out I tell them we will do it for around half there price works a treat we do  loads  the one in the picture below is £400 just for the insides this is a regular repeat job that we do , don’t try poaching it either ??? but it gives you an idear of pricing and what people will pay down hear 

45F491CA-79EA-447F-BE18-89D411F3634A.jpeg

Back