Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First gutter soffits and fascias clean

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paddie

Good evening all,

I had a go at trying to clean my soffits, fascias and guttering for the first time today and found that after the clean most the grime and muck had been cleared but I could see the marks below which wiuldn’t Shift no matter how much I scrubbed. 

Is there a cleaner which should be used on fascias, soffits and guttering or is pure water enough?

kind regards in advance for any help

2E238F4C-2312-4079-9B32-D5C56D069AB9.jpeg

0115D7CA-A014-49E0-92B6-3F9FD6182C5A.jpeg

Screwfix degreaser is what I use, mix it 1 to 10 and keep it wet, leave it to dwell for about 5 minutes but don't let it dry, re-agitate if need be.  You don't need a high setting on your controller, I turn it off when applying the degreaser (wet it all first) and only turn it to about 20 when rinsing, prior to this I just work in the degreaser.  I turn it up to 40 for a final rinse though.

both are after photos and yes plenty of scrubbing.

will get a degreaser and see if it helps if not at least I know when doing paying customers sfg to advise that I can get the muck off but it might hide strifes underneath and show them these photos on my phone.

thanks for all the tips chaps, much appreciated 

I always set the customers expectations to this kind of stuff as I’m pricing the job. I offer a basic clean which removes surface dirt, green algae, cobwebs and that kinda stuff and then I offer a more deeper clean more along the lines of a restoration which is considerably more as it quite often involves getting the ladder out and getting the deep engrained stains out by hand with an abrasive cleaner like pink stuff or rub out which covers tiger stripes and major greying etc. It all usually depends on the custys budget on how far they want to go with it. For me it’s a bit like going to the car wash, you can just go for a budget outside clean or you can go the full hog and go for a full valet with a 3 stage machine polish. Most tend to just go with the basic as they aren’t to enthusiastic when I tell them my restoration price and would rather put up with a few stains than pay for them to be removed. 

both are after photos and yes plenty of scrubbing.

will get a degreaser and see if it helps if not at least I know when doing paying customers sfg to advise that I can get the muck off but it might hide strifes underneath and show them these photos on my phone.

thanks for all the tips chaps, much appreciated 
You won’t get many finishing as bad as that. I could be wrong but it looks like you haven’t done a complete job and not just tiger stripes but hard to tell. 

if you do get any that look as though they will be poor like that, just stop and tell the customer before continuing. 

Screwfix degreaser is what I use, mix it 1 to 10 and keep it wet, leave it to dwell for about 5 minutes but don't let it dry, re-agitate if need be.  You don't need a high setting on your controller, I turn it off when applying the degreaser (wet it all first) and only turn it to about 20 when rinsing, prior to this I just work in the degreaser.  I turn it up to 40 for a final rinse though.
This the degreaser you are on about? Have some fascia/gutter cleaning to do soon and was wondering what to spray on them before scrubbing. Obviously wet the surface before applying the degreaser yes? Also do youse find a final rinse with tap water does the job or would pure water get a better finish? Thanks

Screenshot_20210202-175522.png

Back