Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

interior and exterior cleans?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nick1000

Looking for some more advice please if anyone happy to contribute. What percentage of jobs do you clean the inside of home on a domestic job? Very interested to know your numbers please.. 

We generally don’t do insides ,apart from a few commercial jobs and a few oap s kichen Windows ,this is our choice I personally am not interested in doing internal windows .

I only do about 2 or 3 a month, but some customers don’t realise I offer that service, it’s on all my facebook page, business cards, flyers, and lately I have been making a point of saying to customers if they ever want a price for the inside just let me know, and there answer is ‘ oh do you do insides too’ 

I like the insides, and if there’s bad weather around I try and fit them in on those days if possible, I just wish I could get a few more!!

I do a handful for established customers,I don't like doing them.
Did internals on two bungalows and a terrace in December for established customers....not difficult just doing the glass, but ensuring your not trailing water,knocking ornaments,having to remove your shoes etc is the hassle and time consuming...and of course the chatting, so preference is to try and avoid.

Sometimes on initial cleans.Also clean the interiors for about 5% of my customers. Most of those 5%, I clean every other time and charge time and a half. If the frequency is longer, then it's double what the outsides are, more if awkward.

Always add to the text (the evening before) "Please clear all sills and furniture to allow for access".

Mentioned to them, in the past, that it will be £1 per item or £5 for a desk, chest of drawers, etc that we have to move. They're always clear! 

Did internals on two bungalows and a terrace in December for established customers....not difficult just doing the glass, but ensuring your not trailing water,knocking ornaments,having to remove your shoes etc is the hassle and time consuming...and of course the chatting, so preference is to try and avoid.
The only upside if you get offered a brew at the start of the job NOT at the end.

I've only got one regular job with a bit of inside now, we do them by special request if we've got time spare otherwise regard them as a PITA.

I've got 1 regular that I do every 3 months takes about 2.5 hours glass only.  Had quite a few one off's.  I'd like there to be more to be honest, some of the windows are not great on the inside, I'd prefer if they had them done because then it would make my outside work look good.  

Not bad if it coincides with it lashing it down outside, but otherwise a pain. Often boiling hot and takes me ages as im not great with squeegies etc. Just always have to price it so you get your rate. Sometimes ive just abandoned squeeg and just damp scrim it on and dry off. specially with smaller windows.

Looking for some more advice please if anyone happy to contribute. What percentage of jobs do you clean the inside of home on a domestic job? Very interested to know your numbers please.. 
exterior only.......your making a rod for your own back cleaning insides IMO...once you have a good, solid, busy, round you wont want to be faffing about with inside cleaning...do yourself a favour and refuse all insides from the off(apart from an elderly customers kitchen window on request).........

exterior only.......your making a rod for your own back cleaning insides IMO...once you have a good, solid, busy, round you wont want to be faffing about with inside cleaning...do yourself a favour and refuse all insides from the off(apart from an elderly customers kitchen window on request).........

?

Just 2 commercial premises. Decline all residential. Too much hassle and fraught with issues. Also as others have said, too busy to take on. 

I clean the insides of some of my elderly customers in a care home I do and some of my elderly neighbours. There is no problems and I have a chat with them but there is usually ornaments to move about. I can understand why folk don't want to do them because there's more risk involved.

I clean the insides of some of my elderly customers in a care home I do and some of my elderly neighbours. There is no problems and I have a chat with them but there is usually ornaments to move about. I can understand why folk don't want to do them because there's more risk involved.
when your a lot busier you really will not want to do them.....i lost my last inside job around 2 years ago(large posh house)and she was a pain as id arrive sometimes and she d be out and id be waiting around for her(after cleaning the outsides)...also i hate the pre arranging.....for most work i just turn up,splash and dash and put a bill through the door and off to my next job.....?

when your a lot busier you really will not want to do them.....i lost my last inside job around 2 years ago(large posh house)and she was a pain as id arrive sometimes and she d be out and id be waiting around for her(after cleaning the outsides)...also i hate the pre arranging.....for most work i just turn up,splash and dash and put a bill through the door and off to my next job.....?

Your right, the only reason that I do them is because they are elderly and I know them all because they used to live near me. It gives me a chance to tell them anything that's going on in the neighbourhood. Good training, if I ever decide to enter politics. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad if it coincides with it lashing it down outside, but otherwise a pain. Often boiling hot and takes me ages as im not great with squeegies etc. Just always have to price it so you get your rate. Sometimes ive just abandoned squeeg and just damp scrim it on and dry off. specially with smaller windows.
Can imagine it being a bit of a nightmare if your not good with a squeegee.

Back