Pit Creature

How windy is too windy to work?

Pane
6 hours ago, Suhrly said:

Think I've learned a lesson went out in those winds on Monday. Ended up pulling muscles in my arm and stomach trying to fight those gusts 👎

Admittedly,@ one stage,i pulled a shoulder/back muscle...Still,work through the pain barrier.That assists with healing,as does stretching!😉.

Suhrly
1 hour ago, Pane said:

Admittedly,@ one stage,i pulled a shoulder/back muscle...Still,work through the pain barrier.That assists with healing,as does stretching!😉.

Knackers to that I just took Tuesday off and that sorted it 😂

Pane
1 minute ago, Suhrly said:

Knackers to that I just took Tuesday off and that sorted it 😂

I'll work through most pain or rub some Oriental balm in before bed...That works wonders.

Cleanco
On 05/02/2020 at 15:50, Dave B said:

Those were the days. 

Holding on to a sill with 1 hand while tradding with the other...

The good old days. 😂Sure don’t miss those. I’ve worked in some stupid weather over the years. Just glad I’m now in a position were I don’t have to. 

Granty

I do Trad at the moment so anything above 50 mph I'll ditch the high stuff and just do some bottom flats. Don't fancy falling off a ladder for £10 per hour 

wezza13
51 minutes ago, Granty said:

I do Trad at the moment so anything above 50 mph I'll ditch the high stuff and just do some bottom flats. Don't fancy falling off a ladder for £10 per hour 

Too right, far too dangerous.

How come you're only on £10 an hour? Are you working for a company up there? 

Iron Giant

when you're off down the street like Mary, in the most delightful way 

images.jpg

Part Timer
1 minute ago, Iron Giant said:

when you're off down the street like Mary, in the most delightful way 

images.jpg

Are you on the drink early again 😁

Iron Giant
1 minute ago, Part Timer said:

Are you on the drink early again 😁

No, not me governor honest 👼

Pane
1 hour ago, Iron Giant said:

No, not me governor honest 👼

Pmsl Iron Giant😂🤭🍺

mike007

Today (Sunday) in the East Midlands is too windy to work.

Cleanco
On 09/02/2020 at 07:20, mike007 said:

Today (Sunday) in the East Midlands is too windy to work.

More of the same today and tomoz for much of the uk. 

mike007
6 minutes ago, Cleanco said:

More of the same today and tomoz for much of the uk. 

Already rescheduled todays work, not worth risking my equipment, let alone the safety factor, and I always think we are one poor job on the customers windows from losing that customer. Stay safe out there guys.

wee man
36 minutes ago, mike007 said:

Already rescheduled todays work, not worth risking my equipment, let alone the safety factor, and I always think we are one poor job on the customers windows from losing that customer. Stay safe out there guys.

I was just getting ready to head out as it was a lovely morning but it's now snowing, think I'll leave it for a few hours 😂😂

Dave B

Around 35mph winds today so out working.

The wind makes it feel cold though.

scottish cleaning service

Its Gale force winds up here with rain and hail but apart from that its a duvet day. 🙂

Chris34
5 hours ago, mike007 said:

Yeah that's my thinking.  Decided to take the day off last night, I would have gone out today but after what happened yesterday my fear was that when I send out those texts 'your windows are due for cleaning, I'll be there tomorrow...' there is that risk the customers will think 'what's the point' more than if it was just a normal rainy day as the weather will be on their minds due to it being all over the news.

Got to just chance it tomorrow though, can't put off the work forever.  Thursday is looking really bad on the met forecast, torrential rain sweeping the whole country.

7 minutes ago, Chris34 said:

Got to just chance it tomorrow though, can't put off the work forever.  Thursday is looking really bad on the met forecast, torrential rain sweeping the whole country.

I'll be off till Thursday and I have a big PW job on Friday when the temp is up to 10 degrees. Sometimes its not worth the bother, that's when its good not having a full round. I can do mine in 7 days now.

Chris34

Image may contain: snow, tree and outdoor

That's just popped up on facebook, 15 miles away  :1f632:

Could be a hard week this one.

6 minutes ago, Chris34 said:

Image may contain: snow, tree and outdoor

That's just popped up on facebook, 15 miles away  :1f632:

Could be a hard week this one.

Customers don't want you out in this weather and sometimes blame themselves for us coming out. I heard this over the weekend. A relatively new windy was telling his customer, "I see you have got the back room all done up with different wallpaper" The customer was quite alarmed that he was observing all their rooms and quickly cancelled him on the next visit, that's why I like the wfp. 😉