Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best 51mm hose for gutter vac

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Baldmonkey

Just built a gutter vac and like a divvy bought pond hose, first trip out, lad stands on it and cracked it... Needless to say its sh1t and I need something that will take the punishment... Any ideas, thanks 

Depending what you want to spend spinnerckean ( skyvac) sell it by the meter about £65 fir 6 meters , Grippatank also sell it similar price skyvac one is better though .

Bald,

Sounds like you need a crushproof replacement, I replaced mine with this one all 15m! So you can trim it down if you wish and make an two sections 10/5m. You might need cuffs to fit or recycle yours.

The guy I dealt with was really great, sent me a sample in the post (for free) so I could 'test' it was robust/light enough/durable enough

https://anderson-trade.co.uk/products/51mm-x-15m-black-crushproof-hose-only-hse71

£87.11 (inc vat) 

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png
Thats what I use 50mm - 50 meter ducting pipe connected to the standard 5m Vac pipe. Connected via a section of down pipe. 

Always have some gorrila tape on your van to patch up damaged hose if it occurs.

20191127_143424.jpg.93ddc5a20a8b85da8902fa416b893791-1.jpg

20191127_143442.jpg.c6b929f421f84feae3d323b4ccd732ef.jpg

20191127_145258.jpg.b9e5e241bcd3ec8380cd7ab60ec642cf.jpg

20191127_140728.jpg.22c01c4143ea3727db041f15f2305a2f.jpg

I bought cheap hose and after a few jobs it was ten times heavier. All the sand a dirt was lying inside the grooves in the hose. The Spinaclean one is smooth inside so doesn't hold the dirt, makes all the difference.

The extension hose I use has no grooves either so tends to stay light as silt does not attach as easily as it does to standard vacuum hose. I do at the end of the day suck a couple of buckets of water through the hoses and wash out the poles and vac. It never gets put away dirty.

If you want maximum performance you have to do that and occasionally check seals on the vac head to drum, because overtime they wear out and suction is reduced because of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scottish - yeah mine is grooved inside and will clog, last step of every job is to suck a bucket or two of clean water thru - flushes everything nicely - but agree flat internal would be a upgrade. 

Mine isn't and mine does, on the bigger jobs I do when it's the clay type stuff in the gutters I have to use a few buckets of water to clean it. It doesn't half make a difference when you're lifting the pole.

I lifted mine up today when completing a 30 foot gutter clear and the aluminium socket came away from the carbon fibre pole ? I can always glue it back in but its only in an inch. I desperately need new poles because these gutter jobs appear anytime now, not just in the winter like they used to. I think the home reports has a lot to do with it. 

Ive just had delivery of 10m of crushproof hose from gutter vacuum systems,not used yet,but feels like decent stuff.

They do cheaper universal hose as well,but i went for dearer stuff when ordering there cyclonic kit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for replying.  I actually need new vac hose so do you think this ducting hose would be good enough to use on it's own?  I would cut one length to 10m and fit hose cuff for vac and then have the rest as an extension/ extensions.

I don't know mate depends if you can create a connection between it and the vac inlet. Don't see why you couldn't do it.

So I've just got round to setting up the ducting pipe (cut into 10 meter lengths).

Looks great, but when I switch the vac on it whistles like a pig!  All fitted nicely with no air leaks.....

Anyone else had this and any ideas how to stop it ??

Has it got a hole in it? Mine makes no noise.
No it's not that, it's twin bore and the inside is slightly ribbed (advertised as smooth).

When the air passes through it's making a loud whining noise, bit like those tube toys kids use to whizz around that whined!  

Back