Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Please don't laugh..

I am finalising my water fed pole van set-up (20ft) and wanted to know why do I need ladders for my new business? 

Go easy on me boys..
You don't, I don't climb fences, flat roofs etc. If I cant walk round / through then I don't do. Only got a small set of steps in the van and that's for internal work. 

You don't "need" them as such but I find having a set is handy as I do (on occasion) need a small set for flat roofs or giving me a extra few foot for skylights. 

I haven’t needed to use ladders now for several years. Like part timer, I have a 5 foot single ladder on the motor for gaining access to bolted gates, but I never climb in now. If I can’t get the gate open it gets left. I have very few problems in this respect.

You may also find that a 'Hop-up' is useful for gaining extra height when cleaning some windows or for unlocking back gates.

Throw bolts on back gates

In a tight spot, get more height to get 'over' jutting out ground floor roofs 

Get closer to conny roofs, also to get along the side of a conny roof

If you do addons e.g gutter clearance come in handy 

For internals, conny window & roofs, velux etc

Don't put one on the van and you'll soon find out ? 

For access i would say, even if you never use them, its a signal to people that you,re a windowcleaner, many people see the ladders and connect it to the profession.

I'm with @Part Timer and @Marko067 when I switched I completely ditched my ladders. Only thing I have is a little foldable footstool that I picked up from Aldi to give me a little boost up for those awkward bolted locks over high gates. 

Carry 7 rung step ladder on van roof for getting at those awkward conny roofs. Makes it much easier. Defo worth having on board IMO.

Back