Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wow, what a difference with new pole!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

brianbadonde

A new toy for myself. A Gardiner SLX 22’. For the last 2-3 years I have used an SLX 39’ as I like that length so I can reach skylights, dormers etc however I managed to save enough to get a shorter pole for the bulk of the cleaning I do which is ground and first floor. Wow! I can’t believe how much easier it is using a lighter, smaller pole! My shoulders are going to thank me I think. Makes me wonder how I coped before. I plugged my 39’ in for the last couple of houses as they had skylights and it felt very laboured and slow compared to the other pole. Weight difference is 1.27 kgs to 2.5kgs, so almost half the weight.

8CE992AE-23F6-45FF-9AAA-B543DA7AEC72.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Much was the pole and what’s it reach. Thinking of getting a new pole myself 
How much? £270 with VAT. 22’ reach so covers most of what I do. Haven’t tried it on 2nd floor yet but suspect it wont be enough without standing very close to the wall.

I use the slx 18 as my standard pole because of its small size. I add the 5th extension for one job and the extreme 25 for a few veluxes. Don't need anything higher at the moment. Had a woman complain to me today that I was wetting her window when I was cleaning two up from her. I asked her for her windies number and I would pass the job on to stop her moaning. Then she dropped the bombshell he only trads all the ground floor flats because he doesn't like heights. I thought that's a belter, all he does is the ground floors. I need to put a board up when cleaning above her, nightmare.

I use the slx 18 as my standard pole because of its small size. I add the 5th extension for one job and the extreme 25 for a few veluxes. Don't need anything higher at the moment. Had a woman complain to me today that I was wetting her window when I was cleaning two up from her. I asked her for her windies number and I would pass the job on to stop her moaning. Then she dropped the bombshell he only trads all the ground floor flats because he doesn't like heights. I thought that's a belter, all he does is the ground floors. I need to put a board up when cleaning above her, nightmare.
 Ask her who she complains to when it rains and her windows get wet??

I just got the same pole over the xmas period, love it! I was worried about the hight of the pole but i must say it reaches 95% of my work so i dont have to use my streamline 32 carbon fibre. 

going to get another one but not sure as the wife says get the slx 25 but i dont think i need to, does anyone know if there is a massive differance between the two poles?

I was stunned to hear the news today - he was supposed to be straight? I was even more shocked when i found out he'd been married and got kids.

And no.. i don't have gadar lol.. i just see things how they are not how people say it is.

Then she dropped the bombshell he only trads all the ground floor flats because he doesn't like heights.
?

Well obviously he’s quite effeminate but never realised he was Stoke On Trent!

I’ve never understood how people reach skylights with 25’ poles. I used to have a 30’ and with it fully extended it would keep clipping the gutters, and quite often wouldn’t reach the window if it was set too far back in the roof.

I just got the same pole over the xmas period, love it! I was worried about the hight of the pole but i must say it reaches 95% of my work so i dont have to use my streamline 32 carbon fibre. 

going to get another one but not sure as the wife says get the slx 25 but i dont think i need to, does anyone know if there is a massive differance between the two poles?
The SLX 25 doesn't close down as short and handy as the 22. That's why I have three SLX 22 in the van : one for my son, one for self and one for spare. We also have an SLX 30 which is not needed very much. Even when collapsed It feels very long and cumbersome in comparison to the 22. Not sure but I think the 25 is the same collapsed length as the 30.

I’ve never understood how people reach skylights with 25’ poles. I used to have a 30’ and with it fully extended it would keep clipping the gutters, and quite often wouldn’t reach the window if it was set too far back in the roof.

These houses are relatively new with a sharp pitch so a 25 reaches them no bother but you can't put weight on it.

I remember that feeling I got going from an slx22 to an xtreme22, yes the slx is a solid pole and the xtreme doesn’t last as long or as strong but for the lightness its miles better, I replace mine every 12 or so months and I found they pay for themselves in no time with the double an slx price tag as I‘be been able to add extra work in every day ever since so its paid for itself and my shoulder injury I’ve had for years has subdued a lot since I changed Poles!

you won’t go wrong with an slx though, lost count how many times I dropped mine and it was solid!!

A new toy for myself. A Gardiner SLX 22’. For the last 2-3 years I have used an SLX 39’ as I like that length so I can reach skylights, dormers etc however I managed to save enough to get a shorter pole for the bulk of the cleaning I do which is ground and first floor. Wow! I can’t believe how much easier it is using a lighter, smaller pole! My shoulders are going to thank me I think. Makes me wonder how I coped before. I plugged my 39’ in for the last couple of houses as they had skylights and it felt very laboured and slow compared to the other pole. Weight difference is 1.27 kgs to 2.5kgs, so almost half the weight.

View attachment 19193
itll be even lighter if you get rid of that sill brush and get an xtreme sill brush!much easier when poling awkward windows!

Latest Posts

Back