Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting out wfp system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

PeteNire

Hi,

starting up wfp system and I’ve been searching a lot online for a “turn key” package. I know people do their own builds but I’m new to the window cleaning and as a start up adventure on a budget I have found this ....

https://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/500l-framed-budget-system-2691-p.asp

What’s your thoughts on this system? Good value? Fit for purpose? 

thanks in advance guys

Hi,

starting up wfp system and I’ve been searching a lot online for a “turn key” package. I know people do their own builds but I’m new to the window cleaning and as a start up adventure on a budget I have found this ....

https://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/500l-framed-budget-system-2691-p.asp

What’s your thoughts on this system? Good value? Fit for purpose? 

thanks in advance guys

My advise is to reconsider this. A budget system means a budget frame and definitely a budget pole you don't want (fiberglass). Its just too whippy.

First thing is to find out what the tds is of the water you are using. Why buy an r/o if you are in a soft water area where di will be suitable? Starting out you won't need much water but as you grow you will need more and more.

(A small r/o is fine for processing water into a static tank which you transfer water to your van as needed. If you are going to process water directly into your van's tank then you will need a bigger r/o and a float switch and solenoid valve.)

So the first purchase is a tds meter from a reputable supplier such as Daqua. They don't sell fakes. And then come back and tell us what the reading is.

Secondly Purefreedom will supply a tank and stainless steel frame which is crash tested as well as a controller and Shurflo pump fitted.

Don't buy their poles.

Go to Gardiners and look at an SLX25 as that will cover 99% of your work height. If you can't afford that then look at a CLX27 which is a hybrid pole, part carbon and part fiberglass.

You will need to source a quality leisure battery. Personally I would suggest Numax 85amp or larger. You don't need anything bigger than 110 amp. Try to stay away from class 3 leisure batteries.

https://www.thencc.org.uk/Our_Schemes/ncc_verified_leisure_battery_scheme.aspx

If you aren't going to run electric hose reels and diesel heaters then a battery with CCA rating isn't necessary. You will need a quality intelligent battery charger to recharge your leisure battery every second night at least to keep it fully charged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much for the advice Spruce! Il get a TDS meter from Daqua to start with and get a reading on the water. 

best to spend the money to begin with on the right stuff than end up spending more in the long run I guess.

il be back with the reading of the TDS. 

thanks mate

Thank you very much for the advice Spruce! Il get a TDS meter from Daqua to start with and get a reading on the water. 

best to spend the money to begin with on the right stuff than end up spending more in the long run I guess.

il be back with the reading of the TDS. 

thanks mate

There is so much to consider when starting out. We made some very costly mistakes in the beginning and purchased stuff we later regretted. We also skimped on equipment trying to make it work when we should have binned it and started again.

Take the time to do your due diligence. What is the demand for the window cleaning services you are offering? Do you know what the going price is for a 3 bed semi where you live? How are you going to promote your service? etc.

Back