Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning and organising my van?

slippy

spacer.png
want to tidy and organise my van better.  I have barrels racheted near the bulk head and brush slides into a pipe on ceiling but it's all a bit of a mess apart from that.  Particularly the front seats.   I put things in the front to keep them dry or prevent them getting damaged.   I have three power tools -drills etc under seat.   Clothes,  flyers etc in the front.   All my gloves on dashboard to dry off.

It's partly a state cos I do other work e.g. gardening so this makes a mess.

Any advice welcome 

20200210_092851.jpg

20200210_092839.jpg

20200210_092828.jpg

Aye, been there and I need to wait till the Spring or Summer to do mine. I used to do everything like landscaping, joinery, fencing and outside painting. I have given up with the landscaping, fencing and joinery but my loyal customers know I can do it and I don't like to refuse. Slowly but surely I am concentrating on the cleaning industry because I now have the setup in place. Doing a PW wash job on Friday for £600 and sand later when its sunny. I don't think I could get that money by doing anything else. The guy is selling in the summer and wants to have it pitch perfect. I guess he will get £600k for it with my help. ?

Sorry but there is no need for a van to be that bad have a place for everything and put it back there when you have finished with it , the cab most of that stuff looks like it should be in the bin ? 

Show him how its done Paul? A picture tells a 1000 words. That picture tells 10,000 words. 

Show him how its done Paul? A picture tells a 1000 words. That picture tells 10,000 words. 
I'm thinking of building a shelf to go where wheel arch is.  It will keep my tools for handyman work dry.  Scribe it into side panel.   The wheel arch will take the weight. 

Really got to organise all the stuff on my front seat some how 

I'm thinking of building a shelf to go where wheel arch is.  It will keep my tools for handyman work dry.  Scribe it into side panel.   The wheel arch will take the weight. 

Really got to organise all the stuff on my front seat some how 

Think I'm going to try a buy tough plastic boxes that can fit on a shelf and keep things inside it. My van used to be worse than yours because I was undertaking all sorts of work. ?

Think I'm going to try a buy tough plastic boxes that can fit on a shelf and keep things inside it. My van used to be worse than yours because I was undertaking all sorts of work. ?
I've got a couple of tough boxes.   One for the leisure battery and the other for tools.  Ban box or something.   Tough boxes.    I have no shelves so maybe try that on one side and hooks on the other.

Do you keep your clothes and leaflets etc in back of van?

I've got a couple of tough boxes.   One for the leisure battery and the other for tools.  Ban box or something.   Tough boxes.    I have no shelves so maybe try that on one side and hooks on the other.

Do you keep your clothes and leaflets etc in back of van?

I'm in a transition stage at the moment so everything is up in the air. In a few months I will tackle it when weather is better. I will give you a tip regarding building shelf's. Have them at a 30 degree angle (sloping downwards at the back) I seen this in a professional kitout van. What a great idea so I copied it before I got my tank fitted. It means when you go round a corner, everything stays in place. ?

spacer.png
want to tidy and organise my van better.  I have barrels racheted near the bulk head and brush slides into a pipe on ceiling but it's all a bit of a mess apart from that.  Particularly the front seats.   I put things in the front to keep them dry or prevent them getting damaged.   I have three power tools -drills etc under seat.   Clothes,  flyers etc in the front.   All my gloves on dashboard to dry off.

It's partly a state cos I do other work e.g. gardening so this makes a mess.

Any advice welcome 

View attachment 19229

View attachment 19230

View attachment 19231
A handy size handgrenade I reckon... If you can get hold of one. ?

Oh it looks like you already have. ?

Only joking, I've been in a similar situation, but not for long. I'd get some shelving up the side to clear some floor space.

I'm in a transition stage at the moment so everything is up in the air. In a few months I will tackle it when weather is better. I will give you a tip regarding building shelf's. Have them at a 30 degree angle (sloping downwards at the back) I seen this in a professional kitout van. What a great idea so I copied it before I got my tank fitted. It means when you go round a corner, everything stays in place. ?
Interesting so everything slides off the back of the shelf into the back doors or onto the side panels lol?

It's so easy to make shelves. 

Get some cheap battons like you use for studwork and make a frame then some mdf to box it in.

It makes all the difference. 

slippy, 11/10 for your honesty and putting yourself 'out there'!

Avoiding cheap easy shots ? addressing your requesting for ideas...Google your van make model and storage/racking (image mode)you'll get a bunch of shelves and units etc save the hassle and buy it (or borrow the ideas and build),,,then over a weeknd empty it, clean it, fit the kit, marvel at the space...then put it back tidy... even a bunch of cheap hooks etc would make a massive difference. You'll be soooo pleased you did, everything's so much easier when you can lay your hand right on the bit you need - and put it back in its place which helps to prevent you leaving kit strewn at your last jobs ? 

Oh and get a stacking (save floor space) plastic tool storage box/es (often on wheels) for all your hand tools (Stanley, Fatmax Macalister etc) , tapes, spares, clips, wd40, silicone spray, adapters, bits and bobs, screwdrivers...etc....) that way when something breaks on the job (and it will break), it's simply a trip back to the van rather than home, chase round town searching for the right part, realise no one sells it and you have to order a 'coupling' etc and loose the rest of the day/next day waiting for it arrive - you only do that once! 

Last edited by a moderator:
But seriously just organise things, get some shelving or storage ideas. 

Here's what I did with mine a couple of months ago. Put a shelf in, made a pole rack and put a twin stack reel in. Keeps things organised and still have floor space. 

IMG_20200213_220912.jpg

Then I painted it all in black waterproof paint.. 

IMG_20191215_123847.jpg

Back