Don Logan

What a bad run of weather

Don Logan

I cant remember such a bad run of weather. How are you guys doing? 

Had to pull off a commercial this morning as the wind was unbelievable. 

Seriously clean 01

January was awful. Got a full week in last week. Today was a non starter and probably same tomorrow. Argyll in Scotland

spruce
1 hour ago, Don Logan said:

I cant remember such a bad run of weather. How are you guys doing? 

Had to pull off a commercial this morning as the wind was unbelievable. 

North East winter 2011/12.

Never did much apart from a couple of shops for 6 weeks. The roads onto the estates were full of snow and as slippery as anything. Just not worth the drama of having an accident. Parked outside the shops we did clean and got the van stuck on the main road.

Part Timer
1 minute ago, spruce said:

My first winter, we didn't have much work them days, good job

dazmond
25 minutes ago, spruce said:

Never did much apart from a couple of shops for 6 weeks. The roads onto the estates were full of snow and as slippery as anything. Just not worth the drama of having an accident. Parked outside the shops we did clean and got the van stuck on the main road.

are you sure spruce?im sure it was the winter of 2010 as it was my first winter wfp and i had 10 barrels frozen solid in the back of my old kangoo van when it went down to -15c one sat night......heavy snow for 3 weeks too.......

Iron Giant

It was the winter of 2010/11 as I was lumbered with a 2wd drive motor got rid of it and went back to 4wd drive, I only remember because I bought a 1 year old 60 plate L200 in the July of 2011, that was a bad winter with so much snow and temps of -15 

mike007
10 hours ago, Part Timer said:

My first winter, we didn't have much work them days, good job

Was that the winter of 46?

Incheck

Kind of got away with it here, january favourable only lost 2 days i think , start of feb ok. Only sunday monday and today has been very bad. Back on it tomorrow. Worst winter we’ve had so far was the beast from the east, two lots of snow and lost 10 working days in a row. My bathwater didn’t drain and neither did the basin for 3 days, as the drainpipe froze solid. That was annoying 🙄

Suhrly
16 hours ago, spruce said:

I remember that winter. I wasn't window cleaning at the time but I remember not seeing my girlfriend for like 2 weeks cos everyone was snowed in.

mike007
34 minutes ago, Suhrly said:

I remember that winter. I wasn't window cleaning at the time but I remember not seeing my girlfriend for like 2 weeks cos everyone was snowed in.

Was that a good thing or not!!

spruce
7 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

It was the winter of 2010/11 as I was lumbered with a 2wd drive motor got rid of it and went back to 4wd drive, I only remember because I bought a 1 year old 60 plate L200 in the July of 2011, that was a bad winter with so much snow and temps of -15 

16 hours ago, dazmond said:

are you sure spruce?im sure it was the winter of 2010 as it was my first winter wfp and i had 10 barrels frozen solid in the back of my old kangoo van when it went down to -15c one sat night......heavy snow for 3 weeks too.......

Sorry guys you are both right. It was December 2010 into Jan 2011.

CHWS

The weather has been pish this week. We had 3 full weeks in a row there so it had to break at some point 

Dave B
18 hours ago, spruce said:

I remember that.

Was -13 at night so I helped a mate out gritting about 18 royal mail and sainsbury's car parks per night in a 7.5t wagon for 14 days straight before a day off at 20 quid a car park in my pocket.

Still got my windows done during the day lol.

Always take a shovel in the van over winter is my advice..

Saved me a few times.

Edited by Dave B

spruce
1 hour ago, Dave B said:

I remember that.

Was -13 at night so I helped a mate out gritting about 18 royal mail and sainsbury's car parks per night in a 7.5t wagon for 14 days straight before a day off at 20 quid a car park in my pocket.

Still got my windows done during the day lol.

Always take a shovel in the van over winter is my advice..

Saved me a few times.

Agree.

Also a blanket.

I also try to keep the van and the car's fuel tank above 1/2. If either gets stuck then at least we have enough fuel to keep the inside of the car/van warm.

steve garwood

Sod all that. Any sign of snow, my van stays on the drive. There’s to many **** drivers about so would rather go and play snooker with one of my brickie mates who also don’t work 👍

Part Timer
14 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

Sod all that. Any sign of snow, my van stays on the drive. There’s to many **** drivers about so would rather go and play snooker with one of my brickie mates who also don’t work 👍

Bloody hell if it snows in London Boris will call a Cobra meeting whilst the North cracks on.

scottish cleaning service

You lot will have plenty of firewood soon, when they cut all the trees down for HS2 or it won't work will all those leaves on the line. 😂

Dave B
7 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

You lot will have plenty of firewood soon, when they cut all the trees down for HS2 or it won't work will all those leaves on the line. 😂

No trees down here to chop down🤣.

Concrete jungle here.

Iron Giant
12 minutes ago, Dave B said:

No trees down here to chop down🤣.

Concrete jungle here.

Is that why you are a Junglist 😅