Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What a bad run of weather

I cant remember such a bad run of weather. How are you guys doing? 

Had to pull off a commercial this morning as the wind was unbelievable. 

North East winter 2011/12.

Never did much apart from a couple of shops for 6 weeks. The roads onto the estates were full of snow and as slippery as anything. Just not worth the drama of having an accident. Parked outside the shops we did clean and got the van stuck on the main road.

Never did much apart from a couple of shops for 6 weeks. The roads onto the estates were full of snow and as slippery as anything. Just not worth the drama of having an accident. Parked outside the shops we did clean and got the van stuck on the main road.
are you sure spruce?im sure it was the winter of 2010 as it was my first winter wfp and i had 10 barrels frozen solid in the back of my old kangoo van when it went down to -15c one sat night......heavy snow for 3 weeks too.......

It was the winter of 2010/11 as I was lumbered with a 2wd drive motor got rid of it and went back to 4wd drive, I only remember because I bought a 1 year old 60 plate L200 in the July of 2011, that was a bad winter with so much snow and temps of -15 

Kind of got away with it here, january favourable only lost 2 days i think , start of feb ok. Only sunday monday and today has been very bad. Back on it tomorrow. Worst winter we’ve had so far was the beast from the east, two lots of snow and lost 10 working days in a row. My bathwater didn’t drain and neither did the basin for 3 days, as the drainpipe froze solid. That was annoying ?

I remember that winter. I wasn't window cleaning at the time but I remember not seeing my girlfriend for like 2 weeks cos everyone was snowed in.

It was the winter of 2010/11 as I was lumbered with a 2wd drive motor got rid of it and went back to 4wd drive, I only remember because I bought a 1 year old 60 plate L200 in the July of 2011, that was a bad winter with so much snow and temps of -15 

are you sure spruce?im sure it was the winter of 2010 as it was my first winter wfp and i had 10 barrels frozen solid in the back of my old kangoo van when it went down to -15c one sat night......heavy snow for 3 weeks too.......

Sorry guys you are both right. It was December 2010 into Jan 2011.

I remember that.

Was -13 at night so I helped a mate out gritting about 18 royal mail and sainsbury's car parks per night in a 7.5t wagon for 14 days straight before a day off at 20 quid a car park in my pocket.

Still got my windows done during the day lol.

Always take a shovel in the van over winter is my advice..

Saved me a few times.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember that.

Was -13 at night so I helped a mate out gritting about 18 royal mail and sainsbury's car parks per night in a 7.5t wagon for 14 days straight before a day off at 20 quid a car park in my pocket.

Still got my windows done during the day lol.

Always take a shovel in the van over winter is my advice..

Saved me a few times.

Agree.

Also a blanket.

I also try to keep the van and the car's fuel tank above 1/2. If either gets stuck then at least we have enough fuel to keep the inside of the car/van warm.

You lot will have plenty of firewood soon, when they cut all the trees down for HS2 or it won't work will all those leaves on the line. ?
Isn't HS2 under review as the Government were 'led astray' with the financial and time implications. (No set price and no set completion date.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back