Arthur Connal

Gearing-up for soft/wash work.

Arthur Connal

I've been thinking on what Backpack ,tubing/hoses and length to order for on-coming season, I only plan to be part/time the unit

I'm wanting must be "Hypo" compatible as most of my work will be with said "Hypo", ie fungi, moss lichen grime, from all surfaces,

I looked at, Big Boy Backpack, anybody got any views on this one, already bought a fold down trolley from Aldi £15.for it. As always

any advice is really welcome.

Pjj
1 hour ago, Arthur Connal said:

I've been thinking on what Backpack ,tubing/hoses and length to order for on-coming season, I only plan to be part/time the unit

I'm wanting must be "Hypo" compatible as most of my work will be with said "Hypo", ie fungi, moss lichen grime, from all surfaces,

I looked at, Big Boy Backpack, anybody got any views on this one, already bought a fold down trolley from Aldi £15.for it. As always

any advice is really welcome.

Gardiners back pack is very good they are designed for weed killer type of products we have several of them and find using hypo they last around 3 years , it will invalidate the warranty but at £115 it’s paid for in less than one job , the last one I took the pump to bits and the diaphragms were    still fine after 3 years , we use about 20 meters of pole hose as an extension hose on it and a clx27 foot pole as a spraying lance works a treat 

RWCleaning
50 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Gardiners back pack is very good they are designed for weed killer type of products we have several of them and find using hypo they last around 3 years , it will invalidate the warranty but at £115 it’s paid for in less than one job , the last one I took the pump to bits and the diaphragms were    still fine after 3 years , we use about 20 meters of pole hose as an extension hose on it and a clx27 foot pole as a spraying lance works a treat 

@Pjj

have you ever swapped the original hose from the back pack? As I find if you’re cleaning a large wide wall or even roof with a long pole extended I find I have life the pack which is annoying while spraying. Have you or anyone else swapped the orange hose for something longer? How long can you put on it before pressure is effected?

*lift the back pack 

Pjj
3 minutes ago, RWCleaning said:

@Pjj

have you ever swapped the original hose from the back pack? As I find if you’re cleaning a large wide wall or even roof with a long pole extended I find I have life the pack which is annoying while spraying. Have you or anyone else swapped the orange hose for something longer? How long can you put on it before pressure is effected?

*lift the back pack 

I have the orange hose from the back pack then about 20 meters of pole hose attached to that then the pole I have the backpack in a trolley hopefully see it in the picture 

5B35143A-0F0C-43FA-8BA7-0143C8750EB3.jpeg

RWCleaning
1 minute ago, Pjj said:

I have the orange hose from the back pack then about 20 meters of pole hose attached to that then the pole I have the backpack in a trolley hopefully see it in the picture 

So simple. Yet too intelligent for me haha!

Dave B
21 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Same here Paul.

I use 30m of green pu hose on a Gardiner backpack and use it daily with no issues from Hypo etc but I do rinse it out straight away.

Doddy111

i need to get a tap or some sort of remote to stop the flow. I was doing a roof clean last week and had to turn the backpack on at the bottom of the scaffold fly up there, apply chems and then fly back down to turn it off... any of you have this issue? Not sure if a univalve would withstand bio & hypo 

Pjj
16 minutes ago, Doddy111 said:

i need to get a tap or some sort of remote to stop the flow. I was doing a roof clean last week and had to turn the backpack on at the bottom of the scaffold fly up there, apply chems and then fly back down to turn it off... any of you have this issue? Not sure if a univalve would withstand bio & hypo 

Just bend the hose over and stick it up the end of the pole