Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

AlgoClear Pump/Dostron Box - anygood?

NoName

Anyone use their pump set up - I like the idea of the setup up, set the mix ratio and letting the 'box' and pump do the business.

Anyone with experience able to pass comment?

I have used dosetrons in the Fireservice for  mass decontamination  , they are very good at accurately dispensing a product but are very expensive to initially buy , I personally think it’s easier to do a mix though , it dies take a bit of guess work with how much you will need to di a job  

I think it all depends on what you want to put through one of these boxes and how you want to use one, I have used one of these boxes in the past and yes they are fine but, its an awefull lot of faff, connecting to mains water supply, add electric for the pump when just a backpack or trolly would work just as well and for commercial work you could say that those two items would be safer as they are self contained and a low risk of leaking/bursting pipes. I do have the facility to inject chemicals with my new tank although, I've not had the chance as of yet to hook it all up.

what type of work would you be intending to use this for?.

Kevin - cheers for the insights...most our work is residential med/large/very large,,, currently use a Gardiner backpack...for Roofs 70% Render 30%

1You have to premix the chemical (normally AlgoClear Pro or Hypo)
2Heave backpack to the spot.
3Turn backpack on
4Get up to roof line
5Starting spraying...get in the groove....
6Backpack runs out
7Repeat steps 1-6 until roof all sprayed

It's meh ok but interruptions eat time and it doesn't look that professional (imo) and all the up/down increases risk of slips etc

This season I'm looking for efficiencies and think the chem application is low hanging fruit

IMO PW is too inaccurate and more liable to cause drift...I think a PW lance with angled adapter head would mitigate somewhat but...

I like the plug and play idea, no more mixing and just spray until it's done, admittedly would still need to move around the property. Load box with chem, plug in mains water (often this is sufficient pressure to provide enough LPM where we're based) and let rip....?

Thinking a injection box would look more pro and be a lot quicker, no mixing, no heaving, no up/down to roof line...etc 

(Could always build it, it's hardly rocket science - guess it will depend on cost of off the shelf product)

Another option is to premix a larger reservoir 60-100l and pump from their to the pole but I 'like' the idea of an all in solution.

Has anyone used one of Algo's injection boxes and can provide first hand experience compared with say a packback? Or is currently apply it another way which they consider superior to backpack?

Last edited by a moderator:
I seen a guy using a 2 grand softwash machine from Rutland Pumps. I don't think he put any surfactant through it. Had a look a few days later and wasn't really impressed with how clean it was because it was mostly vertical panels. I think he would have been better just pressure washing it to be honest. That's why its always better to try a test patch to see the result. 

I think it all depends on what you want to put through one of these boxes and how you want to use one, I have used one of these boxes in the past and yes they are fine but, its an awefull lot of faff, connecting to mains water supply, add electric for the pump when just a backpack or trolly would work just as well and for commercial work you could say that those two items would be safer as they are self contained and a low risk of leaking/bursting pipes. I do have the facility to inject chemicals with my new tank although, I've not had the chance as of yet to hook it all up.

what type of work would you be intending to use this for?.
Decent size peristaltic pump feeding chems from 20l drum and water from wfp tank Kevin?

Had a look a few days later and wasn't really impressed
Depending on what chem he used it can takes days, weeks even months to fully 'clean'...

PW is instant but it's not producing a sterile surface (PW a hard surface see how clean it is then apply hypo, it takes it to the next level)

Depending on what chem he used it can takes days, weeks even months to fully 'clean'...

PW is instant but it's not producing a sterile surface (PW a hard surface see how clean it is then apply hypo, it takes it to the next level)
I know what you mean but its Scotland where we get acid rain every other day. It produces a breeding ground for every type of organism under the sun. That's why roof cleaning, gutter clearing, valley cleaning, in fact any type of cleaning is necessary. That's why there is so much work up here, no one wants to do it. I softwashed my block paving at the front of my house two years ago and its nearly back to where it was because of the weather we have but its good for business.

Scotland where we get acid rain every other day
I  stand to be proven wrong but I would guess it's more to do with it raining so much and so often (and less drying sunshine), rather than the acidification of the rain (Wales & Ireland also suffers from high levels' of staining as well) Acid rain speeds up the weathering of materials - not sure it encourages organisms to thrive - suspect it's the reverse actually...happy to be wrong....

Scottish if after you PW a surface if you  looked at with a microscope you would still see organisms, nowhere like before PW but they are still there. Since they don't have to much to do but feed and reproduce it will regrow and 'restain' the surface , however using the right chem kills ALL these organisms - meaning you are sterilising the surface which should stay 'clean' for visibly much longer....than just using water

I  stand to be proven wrong but I would guess it's more to do with it raining so much and so often (and less drying sunshine), rather than the acidification of the rain (Wales & Ireland also suffers from high levels' of staining as well) Acid rain speeds up the weathering of materials - not sure it encourages organisms to thrive - suspect it's the reverse actually...happy to be wrong....
When i went on Micky Conway's softwash course he was telling us about mold and fungi. They don't need sunlight as they get all there nutrients from moisture. A perfect growing ground is Scotland in the winter especially North facing roofs. With the introduction of home reports, they now mention moss growing on the roof which is a negative for a home seller. That's where i step in and remove it before the home report is made up, as too are gutters. That's why i'm so busy removing moss from roofs now. fwiw 

So Dave - I'm guesting the idea is keep the chems out pump's 'internals' so no damage - makes sense.  
A peristaltic pump works differently and doesn't have any chems in contact with anything other than a piece of hose.

@kevinc250introduced me to this idea a while back and I was using a small setup he made to inject enigma into my water keeping it out of my wfp tank and pump.

Very accurate way of dosing once you work out how much it does per minute and do some maths.

They use rollers to pinch the hose and force the liquid through the hose.

https://youtu.be/pvj4WatP4n4

I have used these in the past, with a long lead attached to the ciggy lighter in the back of the van https://www.quadbikeswales.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/7148a244868c93f49224fdd8b1b3e7b0/e/4/e4de6a94-da49-4773-910b-dddfd04211ac_1_.jpg

that was my idea dave, great for ddac the maths is a proper headache but it could be done 
Especially when connected to the same pwm as the pump as increasing the flow still gives tou the same mix.

I used it a lot on my old trolley for tfr and enigma etc but like you said the maths is a pain.

Once done though it's easy.

Especially when connected to the same pwm as the pump as increasing the flow still gives tou the same mix.

I used it a lot on my old trolley for tfr and enigma etc but like you said the maths is a pain.

Once done though it's easy.
it does make the most safest way to dose either ddac or hypo dave, I remember we even talked about a "one shot" remote control to turn the peri pumps on or off for either rinsing or purge the stystem. for those who haven't a clue on what we are talking about, its a way of using your existing van mounted tank stystem to inject or downstream chems using your existing equipment, and still have the ability to carry on cleaning windows later on in the day, @NoNamethis would be the better option for safety if you have a van mounted system although the maths involved is a proper pain and brain ache its certainly not impossible to do. @Dave Bthanks for reminding me of this, y know we may have to get together again to brainstorm the idea? its certainly the most precise way of doing it and safer too whilst being the cheapest way of making it happen,aahhh its got me thinking now??

Thanks Kevin... does this solution exist anywhere that I could buy from or is it a proof of concept/build it out project? 

I'm kinda drawn to a tried and tested approach which I can order with a couple of clicks and have my weekends free and someone to hassle if it doesn't work ? 

Latest Posts

Back