Crystalalan

flipping hydrophobic glass!

Part Timer
30 minutes ago, DeLaCruz said:

I agree with the theory but just from what i tried in practice i din't have good results - just guess i'm not well versed in using the new fan jets - i got 2 x 50 deg fan jets on a gardiner ultimate brush and they seemed pretty bad for rinsing compared to the 2mm pencil jets. That was before the new jet capsules were introduced - will have to give them a try for sure. 

Must admit we tried the 50 deg fans and binned them pronto. We now use the 1.4mm pencils and like them

Edited by Part Timer

Bart90
2 hours ago, Dave B said:

Miss the top frame🤣🤣🤣🤣 do you wear your spurs to work?.

You've lost me there.......

Suhrly
12 minutes ago, Bart90 said:

You've lost me there.......

Yee harrrr, howdy partner. You rootin, tootin, gun slinging sun of a gun 🤣

Bart90
3 minutes ago, Suhrly said:

Yee harrrr, howdy partner. You rootin, tootin, gun slinging sun of a gun 🤣

Thanks for that but nope...none the wiser 😄  

3 minutes ago, Dave B said:

Screenshot_20200227-214056_Samsung Internet.jpg

Is that your latest passport photo? 😛 

Crystalalan
9 hours ago, DeLaCruz said:

Just can't imagine rinsing on glass gets rid of dirt better than a good curtain of water flowing down the glass - would appreciate anyone who could show a vid of cleaning a well soiled pane of glass using the fan jet approach

https://youtu.be/ux3uOVvFCp4 mo by watch mate will help you get your head round it and I thought it was a great vid

Crystalalan

Sorry about the disjointed post. I'm useless on phone what I meant to say is watch this video it's ace and will help you get your head round it

Iron Giant

The correct flow rate for your system whatever that may be I have mine set at 29 using x2 1.4mm pencil jet capsules this ensures a good flow of water and a fast rinse, rinse methodically from left to right top to bottom and no window should be an issue, I have some large bay windows on a main road which always have bits of debris on, those tiny little specks of black, Hydrophobic panes I rinse really close to the glass, hydrophillic I rinse on the glass using a Ultimate DuPont/Tapertec brush. 

Doug

I have had a similar problem with a few customers. In the end I discovered that it only happened with wooden painted windows and with a matt probably water based paint. As I scrubbed the frame I discovered the paint was actually leaching into the water and the only solution I have found it to charge the customer for me to hand dry the glass. Trying to not touch the frame simply did not work. Especially problematic with small panes.