Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Am I missing something with a Du-pont brush?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dale Transparent

Hi all, 

I have bought my first Du-pont brush and have been using it for the last 3 days for maintenance cleans. I love the glide and weight of the brush, it seems super fast too, but when it comes to bird muck and tougher grime it just doesn't seem to cope. I normally use a Gardiner universal sill brush and find this much better than the Du-pont for heavier muck. Any tips or suggestions please?

Cheers,

Dale

Not had any really issues, I have used the Supreme and both Ultimate's I am currently using the tapertec one. 
I'm not suggesting that it isn't a good brush but I prefer the medium mixed universal sill brush which I think has the edge on impacted soilage. Interestingly my son drew the same conclusion.

Not had any really issues, I have used the Supreme and both Ultimate's I am currently using the tapertec one. 
how do you think they all compare? I fancy the supreme version next to try. Currently using the ultimate. What you think of the taper tec also 

I'm not suggesting that it isn't a good brush but I prefer the medium mixed universal sill brush which I think has the edge on impacted soilage. Interestingly my son drew the same conclusion.
The young un's know best ?, I think once you are stuck on a brush it takes some beating and changing I haven't tried the universal  purely based on the weight of 340g way to heavy for me 

how do you think they all compare? I fancy the supreme version next to try. Currently using the ultimate. What you think of the taper tec also 
The Supreme DuPont is a great brush on first cleans and f.s.g and it's a brush I used for 6 months or so and have used 2 other versions of the Supreme, but I used it for one job last week and it felt like a brick, the TaperTec bristles has the edge of been a more aggressive inner bristle, this is my fave at the moment although I also use the Xtreme flocked for townhouse's and jobs with deep pvc sills 

The young un's know best ?, I think once you are stuck on a brush it takes some beating and changing I haven't tried the universal  purely based on the weight of 340g way to heavy for me 
We use the 26cm version which is only 245g ? but I know what you mean. I would like to know more about the tapertec bristles, I haven't tried those yet.

95g, wow, that must be so light, think I may try one on my next purchase. Do the extreme brushes last long, not wanting to sound rude, they don't look too durable?
Not sure were you got 95g from ? the flocked is 140g but the water it holds can make it feel a tad heavier as for durability hard to say  I used it for a full 3 weeks and now only use it as and when, as I prefer the ultimate's as a daily all rounder 

We use the 26cm version which is only 245g ? but I know what you mean. I would like to know more about the tapertec bristles, I haven't tried those yet.
I have found I can blitz through my work with this brush 

• TaperTec™ bristles provide greater cleaning power with increased longevity over natural bristles such as boars or horse hair
  • TaperTec™ Bristles - Exclusive to Gardiner WFP Brushes

I think the mmsb is a great brush and very long lasting. Though I now use an extreme sill brush on maintenance washes as I find it's lighter and has better glide. My son still uses the medium mixed sill brush.

I think the mmsb is a great brush and very long lasting. Though I now use an extreme sill brush on maintenance washes as I find it's lighter and has better glide. My son still uses the medium mixed sill brush.

Yeah, I think a lot of folk will convert to the 350mm extreme sill brush when it comes out. ?

My son favourite brush is the ultimate DuPont hybrid ? although today he was using extreme sill flock and he liked that. 

Today I used the 26cm extreme medium tapertec for the whole day feels quite similar to the extreme DuPont natural hybrid prototype nice little brush.

Each to their own as it a person choice but I solely use the below brushes as it covers everything.

35cm extreme medium hybrid

26cm extreme sill medium and now flock

26cm extreme medium for Juliet railings

ultimate flock for first cleans/leaded

I'm a big fan of the Super Lite Dupont... Especially on first cleans

Me too - i tried a bunch of different brushes (mostly gardiner) last year and this one came out as my favourite. The shorter bristles make for great tough stain removal. Its 30g heavier than the ultimate brushes but at 210g still feels light enough for everyday cleaning and i really like how it glides + takes off dirt quickly

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back