Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Iv had a stinker ?

Ash87

I had a  bit of a nightmare today , I don't feel like I will achieve much cleaning glass down here today so booked in an extra job that's been available for a while. Gutters fascia soffits and a first clean to boot arrived at the job it was hammering down and blowing a hooley anyway got set up with leccie and the vac out the van.... my vac hose wasn't in the pole bag and not on top or behind the tank where it sometimes falls when it's not in the bag ? . Several phone calls later I have left it on a commercial site an hour away from home ?? . I cannot believe or understand how I have done that , I'm pleased I found out today as it wasn't a big job and it's not ideal weather but I'm wounded I made the effort to go out still ! 

Think we've all been there mate. I play in bands on weekends and I've left all kinds of stuff in pubs and clubs and had to go back the next day. Makes you more vigilant to check your gear before you leave the site.

my vac hose wasn't in the pole bag and not on top or behind the tank where it sometimes falls when it's not in the bag

Most of the companies keep the hose inside the Vac Drum so they don't forget it. My hose is 10 metres long so its impossible to do but if it was 6 metres long I would be winding it round the inside of the Vac.

Yep sharing your pain, was doing some gutter cleaning, winter blizzard started,then cleaning windows snow covering the velux, went to do large house, fighting to get slate out of gutters couldnt get bit out as jamming in, n house is tall so triple ladder not reach, worse thing was i had to get key for house to get electric for vac, at end of job, i had realised i left key in door, 40min drive back to lock it, as people not there. to get home was another 1h 40min, home at 6.45pm, body dying from it today, feeling like looking up  'real' jobs today.

@windowsurfer I feel like you trump me ! At least the job I was at was only 5 mins from home aswell, I'm getting my hose back sunday when I'm out that way . I know what you mean about 'real jobs' too,  it crosses my mind at the start of every winter and actually around the end  again when I'm sick of battling the poor weather . Luckily the wife agrees February is a good time for a holiday so I think we are gonna book some winter sun each year now .

I hear you Ash!...my first job was a guttervac...now where's my ladder mate...unpack van/repack van....nope it's gone...no idea where Iv'e left it....crack on.....drag the vac back round the front the cable got caught....somehow it's snag and ripped out one of the plug prongs out....ggggggrrrrrr!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back