Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

work trousers, worth it?

ks789

Just picked up a pair of stanley, huntsville work trousers from wicks. seem comfy, hard wearing and I guess the side pockets etc are handy. these loops on the side would've almost been ideal for trad blades, for the odd occasion I do some, but the rubber grip makes it awkward to pull out. Still, quite pleased and looks a bit smarter than jeans i reckon. Anyone else use these?

Yes definitely worth it, jeans you'll look like a right cowboy.  Smart black cargo trousers or shorts is the way to go.  Jeans are for your days off.

Believe it or not Primark do some half decent ones, about £10, got all the pockets that you don't need on them but they do look smart.  I personally wouldn't want a pair that are all badged up though, plain black with no branding, the only branding on them should be your business name, not somebody else's business name, just my opinion though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes definitely worth it, jeans you'll look like a right cowboy.  Smart black cargo trousers or shorts is the way to go.  Jeans are for your days off.

Believe it or not Primark do some half decent ones, about £10, got all the pockets that you don't need on them but they do look smart.  I personally wouldn't want a pair that are all badged up though, plain black with no branding, the only branding on them should be your business name, not somebody else's business name, just my opinion though.
They def look more professional and side pockets great for phone. yes i was thinking of colouring over the stanley logo, though its fairly small.

They def look more professional and side pockets great for phone. yes i was thinking of colouring over the stanley logo, though its fairly small.

Yeah if it's small I'd just colour it with a black marker pen.

The more professional you look the more serious people will take you, shows your not just out for a bit of beer money.  Also helps put your 'work head' on when leaving the house.  

I think it’s worth it, I’ve got the full Dickies out fit, trousers, hoodie and body warmer, I think it creates a good impression with customers.

The Dickies stuff is not that dear and you can get some smart looking gear on there site. 

The Adidas tracksuit look for work is not great, but I have seen it plenty of times!

I think it’s worth it, I’ve got the full Dickies out fit, trousers, hoodie and body warmer, I think it creates a good impression with customers.

The Dickies stuff is not that dear and you can get some smart looking gear on there site. 

The Adidas tracksuit look for work is not great, but I have seen it plenty of times!
These stanley ones seem ideal, hardwearing too and not bad for £25. I got fed up of activating my phone in my jean pocket. Big pockets ideal for scrapers/sponge and other bits n bobs too.

A lot of people to choose to wear jeans. It doesn’t make anybody look like a cowboy. Some folk on here and their ideas. ?
what I would suggest is walking trousers. One of my customers is a walker, she said why don’t you buy some walking trousers, they are lined, they dry quickly if you get them wet. 
They are all he best thing I’ve bought, quite a few pockets. Keep you warm, dry easy and above all so comfortable. 
I bought Cragghoppers lined. 

i just like wearing something very hard wearing as they get scraped a lot on stuff. Jeans are good as well.

Been using these guys for while - their gear is next level, great choice/range/colours/features (i.e thermal versions for winter , summer light versions/matching shorts, so you can look like a uniform, t/polo shirts, soft-shell, waterproofs, all coordinating and matching, great gear plenty of vents that you can unzip for those days that look cold but warm up to unbearable and you feel like your in a sauna - just whip open the vents ...arrh the relief..?

Decent large belt loops, phone pocket and the range I've got - ruler pockets, which work great for a squeegee, ideal when you're up a ladder inside, and want to detail, it sits neatly at your side. cordura hardwearing patches in key area, kneepad pockets, elasticated waistband (no builders bums here)...ok enough - check'em out doubt you'll never go back (2020 range is my preference) 

https://www.engelbert-strauss.co.uk 

Last edited by a moderator:
I wear black hiking pants from decathlon in the winter months...cost around £40 a pair,waterproof and warm....in the drier months and summer i wear black combat shorts or black combat pants(the rough and tough range from englebert strauss)these are the best workwear pants ive ever bought and ive had them a few years now.....really rugged and hardwearing and loads of pockets for change,wallet,keys,phone,card machine,etc.....

I use HiGear walking trousers from Go Outdoors. Zip off legs for the summer. Not expensive, nice and lightweight. Dry easily, very comfortable. I don't get cold legs, probably cause they're short and hairy.☺️

I use Mountain Warehouse lined cargo trousers in the winter. Warm lining, lots of zips, they look smart, but most importantly, they dry quickly if they get wet. 

In the summer I have Engelbert Strauss shorts. Exceptionally good kit.

I use Scruffs workwear trousers from screwfix they’ve got a million pockets & pouches and are lightweight but I don’t find them great in the rain 

I wear shorts, all year round. I once asked the postie why they did this and he explained that the theory is, if your legs get wet they will dry out where trousers would stay wet the rest of the day. Seems to work and you don't really feel the cold on your legs.

Back