ks789

work trousers, worth it?

Iron Giant
1 minute ago, Davy G said:

If I'm not mistaken, you're a shorthouse like me... You must look like a mushroom. ☺️

Thought it would be change from my usual attire 

g243_u118192_frodo1.jpg

1 minute ago, P4dstar said:

hqdefault.jpg

Eh La 🤣

scottish cleaning service

Had my Lollipopman outfit on today, 6hrs PW a driveway. Nearly always wear Snickers with knee-pads, need them because I'm always kneeling in the back of van because of the height out the ground.  

ks789
2 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Had my Lollipopman outfit on today, 6hrs PW a driveway. Nearly always wear Snickers with knee-pads, need them because I'm always kneeling in the back of van because of the height out the ground.  

being nosey, how much ya rush em for the job?

NoName
1 hour ago, P4dstar said:

I wear shorts, all year round. I once asked the postie why they did this and he explained that the theory is, if your legs get wet they will dry out where trousers would stay wet the rest of the day. Seems to work and you don't really feel the cold on your legs.

To be fair, they are in and out of their vans every few minutes with their heaters blasting hot air at them, also how long are their shifts ? (local postie pointed this out)...bit different for us - some jobs take me half a day (I work s-l-o-w-l-y 😉)...by which time my icicles would have icicles! I agree shorts all day long Apr-Sept but not when it's 7-8c or lower...in winter I often wear a 'base layer' which has a dual purpose you stay toasty but if your trouser leg does get a little wet it doesn't migrate to your skin - hence you don't notice it. Type of trouser and material makes a massive different, cordura type & close weave type fabrics can repel all but heavy rain - flat thin cotton tend to get soaked and stays that way all day - which is never a pleasant thing

4 minutes ago, ks789 said:

If I told you, you wouldn't believe me but it is a £600k house. I am staging it for the market in Summer.

P4dstar
9 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Can’t wait for your memoirs Scottish 😂

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

To be fair, they are in and out of their vans every few minutes with their heaters blasting hot air at them, also how long are their shifts ? (local postie pointed this out)...bit different for us - some jobs take me half a day (I work s-l-o-w-l-y 😉)...by which time my icicles would have icicles! I agree shorts all day long Apr-Sept but not when it's 7-8c or lower...in winter I often wear a 'base layer' which has a dual purpose you stay toasty but if your trouser leg does get a little wet it doesn't migrate to your skin - hence you don't notice it. Type of trouser and material makes a massive different, cordura type & close weave type fabrics can repel all but heavy rain - flat thin cotton tend to get soaked and stays that way all day - which is never a pleasant thing

I’ve worn shorts so long I don’t even love the feel of wearing trousers anymore 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 minute ago, P4dstar said:

Can’t wait for your memoirs Scottish 😂

I have wrote a book called Friarshall and I have a customer re-writing it for me at the moment. It should be out in the summer, will give you all a copy free if it ever gets finished. 🤣

11 minutes ago, ks789 said:

I'm £3 a sq metre if that helps but I sand for free. 😂

P4dstar
1 minute ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I have wrote a book called Friarshall and I have a customer re-writing it for me at the moment. It should be out in the summer, will give you all a copy free if it ever gets finished. 🤣

I was being glib but I’ll give your book a read if ever finish it man.

ks789
3 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

ah,  without much experience of that aspect, but id be inclined to charge per the time, so id say 200 for 6 hours, maybe more for equipment costs?

NoName
6 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

I’ve worn shorts so long I don’t even love the feel of wearing trousers anymore 🤷🏼‍♂️

Congrats you qualify as an honorary postie 🌨️❄️⛄

5 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

I was being glib but I’ll give your book a read if ever finish it man.

My life has been an adventure from start to finish, I guess you all know that by now. 😁

RWCleaning

I’ve been looking at the scruffs trousers recently, they look smart, and they do slim fit, which look smarter than big baggy trousers on me.

CHWS

Snickers for me. I find they fit like a glove although very expensive 

Iron Giant

I went right off the usual work trousers to many pockets that aren't needed also too much polyester , I prefer a cotton trouser I bought some FXD ones last year and they are decent, but hard to get the right size for me 29" waist & 29" leg ideally

Edited by Iron Giant
grammar

P4dstar
16 hours ago, NoName said:

Congrats you qualify as an honorary postie 🌨️❄️⛄

Doesn't pay enough. I've had a taste of the good life now.