padman

Which roof scraper would you recommend.

scottish cleaning service
2 minutes ago, NoName said:

Go careful pal strong winds and rain forecast...all the best

I'll call it off if its too windy, I have a bookkeeping course on Thursday, bar that i am quiet. Maybe have a clear-out if temperature is up a bit.

NoName

watch out for those paper cuts on the course 😁...you lead a cushy life...

(back on the panes first thing...repeat all week)

1 minute ago, NoName said:

watch out for those paper cuts on the course 😁...you lead a cushy life...

(back on the panes first thing...repeat all week)

Bought a box of black mamba (£18 for 100) true touch gloves. My mate was saying the plumbers and mechanics usually wear them. I would recommend them as they seem a lot thicker than the blue ones. fwiw

P4dstar
12 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Bought a box of black mamba (£18 for 100) true touch gloves. My mate was saying the plumbers and mechanics usually wear them. I would recommend them as they seem a lot thicker than the blue ones. fwiw

I've been using them for a little while. £15 in Toolstation at last check. They're mint. 

PW that roof today and it came up well. It was new 22 years ago and came up like new again after 3hrs with the Falch nozzle.

one.jpg

two.jpg

NoName

Does look all moss free...and a few mm of grit from the tile surface 😉 

BTW Scottish have you looked at using a PW telescopic lance and doing it from the ground (would be safer)?

10 minutes ago, NoName said:

BTW Scottish have you looked at using a PW telescopic lance and doing it from the ground (would be safer)?

I use a 1.5m lance with a 90 degree bend on it. I need to fit some lead on it as a counterbalance which would save me holding it down. You don't need much pressure to remove moss and lichen on roof tiles. I would like to make my own fsc for roofs but the wheels are the problem. Doing it from the ground would be no use because you need to be up close and to see the result.

Pjj
3 hours ago, NoName said:

Have you tried using one of them ? No didn’t think so 😂😂

10 hours ago, Pjj said:

Have you tried using one of them ? No didn’t think so 😂😂

Would like to design a fsc for tile roofs, where i could sit on the ridge and lower it down with a rope and back up again. You could do one side then do the other side but not sure of the result. 

Pjj
6 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Would like to design a fsc for tile roofs, where i could sit on the ridge and lower it down with a rope and back up again. You could do one side then do the other side but not sure of the result. 

There is a guy on the other forum who has a kercher  fsc on a wfp and does it from the ground he put up pictures several years ago seamed to do a good job 

5 minutes ago, Pjj said:

There is a guy on the other forum who has a kercher  fsc on a wfp and does it from the ground he put up pictures several years ago seamed to do a good job 

That roof I did was 3hrs but the cleaning up was 3hrs also. If i had my vac hose up there i could have vacced a lot of the stuff up. the future will be a fsc with vac attachment producing no mess.

1 hour ago, Doddy111 said:

goes on the end of the WFP mate and you can do it all from the gutter line 

Looks to me that it would go on a pressure washer lance. Anyway, I'm looking at a small whirlaway that the lance fits to. You can get 2m long lances now.

https://www.rutlandpumps.com/be-whirlaway-units.html

Bought the £92 one with 40 degree nozzles which will fit into my lances. Will let you know how i get on with it when i clean another roof. I found i have to reduce the revs on my washer when i clean roofs but with a whirlaway I'm using 2 nozzles so I'm cutting the pressure and flow, I think.

DeLaCruz
On 15/02/2020 at 07:43, scottish cleaning service said:

I don't see the problem using a PW to clean roofs. Its mostly moss on the roof and comes away fairly easily. I use salvage sheets to cover the ground now.

seem like these places are often prime for a gutter vac job aswell since the moss flow down into the gutter - i just vac up up the loose moss quick an easy