Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Where can I buy auto flush kit for my RO??

Noel

Www.ascotwindowcleaners.com
Hi Guys,

I always forget to flush the RO. Any suggestion on how to set this up to auto flush or where I can buy a window cleaning specific solenoid?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Noel

I know Grippatanks v3 controller has auto flush capabilities, as I’m having it installed this month.  Not sure if you need anything else, but you could give them a ring and find out ?

Thanks Skywalker. The Controller is well expensive. Im going to fit a solenoid and use in conjunction with a plug timer.  Much much cheaper and will do the job!

Not being funny why do you want an auto flush ? I personally wouldn’t want one manual if far superior , I have friends who have the latest ionic system set ups with auto flush and it waists is much water you wouldn’t believe it ,stick to the manual far better . 

Not being funny why do you want an auto flush ? I personally wouldn’t want one manual if far superior , I have friends who have the latest ionic system set ups with auto flush and it waists is much water you wouldn’t believe it ,stick to the manual far better . 
I’m terrible at forgetting I’ve left it on flush!!!! I waste far more water than I would if I had auto flush. It’s pretty simple to set up - even with a booster. You just need a solenoid and a timer as the OP suggests. I was going with this timer as you can adjust the time period it operates once it’s energised. I’ve opted for a custom version from grippatank that will monitor every possible thing that’s necessary - to me anyway (TDS, water temperature to active webasto frost circuit, auto flush, filter changes, overall water meter, remote control pump, booster pump control). Lazy you say - nope, turn it on, turn the tap on, BOOM!!! No more wasted water and I don’t have to worry about the TDS creeping up as it will shut off when it reaches a set level. I have better things to do with my time than rush about when I get home making sure the tank is filling up as it should and the membrane is flushed regularly. 

5645507B-46A5-4959-900B-DAA7FDF17424.png

Thanks Guys - Great advice, I have ordered time relay switch, solenoid etc and will be putting it all together over the next few weeks.

My membranes have not lasted very long despite regular change of the filters.

I have been advised to flush my ro for 10 minutes after every 60min of production, hence looking for auto flush. Prevents knackering to membrane.

My membranes have not lasted very long despite regular change of the filters.

I have been advised to flush my ro for 10 minutes after every 60min of production, hence looking for auto flush. Prevents knackering to membrane.
Ok , seams strange we work all over the country with TDS of over 450 in some locations and find an ro membrane lasts at least 7 years , are you using decent pre filters and water softener?? This will help no end . 

Ok , seams strange we work all over the country with TDS of over 450 in some locations and find an ro membrane lasts at least 7 years , are you using decent pre filters and water softener?? This will help no end . 
 Maybe unfortunate and be in a heavy chlorine dose area? My waters terrible high tds, 530, but I cant taste chlorine in it at all. Some other places ive drank the tap water and it tastes more chlorine than water ? Just an idea.

Back