Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot water brushes

Pjj

Premium Member
Does anyone have any suggestions for a brush that’s suitable for hot water that will last more than two weeks ? Doesn’t weigh a ton and has decent scrubbing power , we used to use supream stiff brushes but the bristles have now been altered and the brush does  not perform like the old version did , Alex is working on this at the moment but it will take some time to try and get one the same as the old version so in the mean time we are getting through brushes in less than two weeks with a water temperature of less than 50 degrees , so looking for something else , Alex has very kindly sent us other brushes to try but unfortunately so far we haven’t found anything that’s suitable . I have tried several other manufacturers brushes and again they have not been up to the job and I have spent a small fortune on different ones and after a mornings work it’s quite clear they arnt suitable , so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance for your thoughts  .

the all red stiff ultimate brushes are the best brushes IMO...they keep their shape better than any other brushes using hot water,mines had around 4 months use and still looks in good condition...i just wish alex would put these all red bristles in the standard stiff xtreme and stiff xtreme sill versions and then we would have a good selection of brushes for hot water use that last longer than 2 weeks...?

the all red stiff ultimate brushes are the best brushes IMO...they keep their shape better than any other brushes using hot water,mines had around 4 months use and still looks in good condition...i just wish alex would put these all red bristles in the standard stiff xtreme and stiff xtreme sill versions and then we would have a good selection of brushes for hot water use that last longer than 2 weeks...?

Alex did send us one to try but found the bristles were to short to get in the corners of the frame and the stock  was hitting any raised frames , it also suffers from forming a v in the bristles so giving an area in the middle of the brush that doesn’t clean the glass , it is a nice light brush though .

01135E9E-FB0A-45DD-BCEB-40596C071A26.jpeg

8ED5F944-B07E-4EA4-9F8E-3ED4BFC9B853.jpeg

Looks like you will need to turn temperature down a bit and persevere or you are too heavy when scrubbing. For maintenance cleans there's no need to go hard at it but maybe its the salt that's causing all the problems. 

Looks like you will need to turn temperature down a bit and persevere or you are too heavy when scrubbing. For maintenance cleans there's no need to go hard at it but maybe its the salt that's causing all the problems. 

Ime i only running at 50 degrees at the moment so that’s not the issue , having 18 years experience of wfp should be used to the amount of pressure required , this problem has only happened since the brushes were altered never had any problems before , as for salt that won’t affect a nylon bristle ??? it’s not nitric acid ???

Ime i only running at 50 degrees at the moment so that’s not the issue , having 18 years experience of wfp should be used to the amount of pressure required , this problem has only happened since the brushes were altered never had any problems before , as for salt that won’t affect a nylon bristle ??? it’s not nitric acid ???

Its a conspiracy to get more money out of us. ? You will just have to make your own or Gardiners sales will go through the roof! 

My xtreme brushes die too , but i can always restore them by pooring hot boiling water back and fourth along the bristles. The bristles straighten out easy.

Just back from a first clean and I never used anything but pure hot water. Told the woman if any streaks let me know and i will come back again, she said don't worry you will catch them next month. Only wish all my customers were like that. Sometimes we bend over backwards on first cleans and now I have found its not necessary one bit. I now take the Simple approach and it seems to be working out fine.

Sometimes you can bind a thing with a rubber band or wrap them up in paper and put tape round them. Then you stick it in the freezer for a week which holds the position. Not sure if it would work nor how long it would last. fwiw

Im glad it worked out! Of course they will bend again , but then you just boil them once more, just did it for my destroyed xtreme, it was a complete mess before ?

I have tried this and never had any success in making them better , question is how long does  it last before they revert back to distorted bristles?.

Latest Posts

Back