Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice/Help on this setup please

Looks like it’s a di set up , it’s easy enough to just wire in the pump to a battery and you need put let ports either in the side of the van or underfloor rollers unless you want to leave the back doors open when working , it’s easily do able if you are a bit of a diy er the hardest part  would be bolting in the frame . 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F293466532546

Not sure if this ‘copy and paste’ from eBay link is going to work... 

transit connect, with ionics 350 ltr tank, with pump, that’s all it has. How easily and costly (mid range cost) would it be to set this up To be fully ready to go to work? Thanks 

View attachment 19295

View attachment 19296

My question is why the previous owner failed to remove this 'high value' window cleaning delivery system? Let me tell you. It was cheaper to leave the system in as a working unit because of the hole they have cut out in the van's side for the outside hose port than to repair the hole properly if they removed the system..

My feelings regarding a 350 liter tank are well documented. It may be big enough for a newbie but it won't be for long imho.

Its a delivery system only, which means it has no r/o as @Pjj says.

Now lets look at the drama. Notice that the tank or the system has been leaking somewhere because that front cargo hook is well rusted. It also looks like water will have found its way under the floor into what would be the footwells for the rear passengers in the people carrier version. I smell damp and possible rotten carpets without even seeing the van in person.

Notice how the rear cargo hook on the left hand side is also rusting.

If the leak was easy to fix then I'm sure the previous owner would have done it. What happens if its the tank that has a leak on a seam?

I haven't looked at the MOT history but I see a very well valleted van but I don't see one that has been well looked after. That leak should have been fixed years ago.

There is a 15 plate Connect for £4500 with a little more mileage on Ebay. £1000 for the tank? Just because Ionics want £2500 - £3500 for a recon unit doesn't mean its worth that. If the tank has a leak its worth nothing.

Personally, I wouldn't even consider it. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve got the same system it’s been absolutely great for my first year but now it’s becoming a struggle to get a full days work with that size tank so now I’ve got the hassle of getting a new system. I’d recommend you search for something with a bigger tank buddy.  

I only ever hear good things about baileys systems (search on eBay) he sells vans with complete set ups for good prices have a look on there pal 

Crikey nearly 6k for the van with 110k miles on the clock, Fords ain't that great better to buy a cheaper van and pay to have a decent system in, I am guessing maybe this has been bought at an auction and the seller id trying to turn a profit

My question is why the previous owner failed to remove this 'high value' window cleaning delivery system? Let me tell you. It was cheaper to leave the system in as a working unit because of the hole they have cut out in the van's side for the outside hose port. than to repair the hole properly.

My feelings regarding a 350 liter tank are well documented. It may be big enough for a newbie but it won't be for long imho.

Its a delivery system only, which means it has no r/o as @Pjj says.

Now lets look at the drama. Notice that the tank or the system has been leaking somewhere because that front cargo hook is well rusted. It also looks like water will have found its way under the floor into what would be the footwells for the rear passengers in the people carrier version. I smell damp and possible rotten carpets without even seeing the van in person.

Notice how the rear cargo hook on the left hand side is also rusting.

If the leak was easy to fix then I'm sure the previous owner would have done it. What happens if its the tank that has a leak on a seam?

Personally, I wouldn't even consider it. Sorry.

I haven't looked at the MOT history but I see a very well valleted van but I don't see one that has been well looked after. That leak should have been fixed years ago.

Might not be a leak spruce it could be water on the floor from leaving doors open whilst working , risidual water from poles or water leaking from hose reels in the back of the van would be my guess , I have three ionics systems in my vans and never had a leak with any of them , to be fair renault vans tie down points are the cheapest metal you can get and rust evan when they just get damp ??? mine are rusty in my master van and that has never had any leaks as I have owned it from new , I accept that it is a very small system and once the op is established it won’t be big enough , but I’ll buy it off him for a softwashing system then they are ideal for that ???

Might not be a leak spruce it could be water on the floor from leaving doors open whilst working , risidual water from poles or water leaking from hose reels in the back of the van would be my guess , I have three ionics systems in my vans and never had a leak with any of them , to be fair renault vans tie down points are the cheapest metal you can get and rust evan when they just get damp ??? mine are rusty in my master van and that has never had any leaks as I have owned it from new , I accept that it is a very small system and once the op is established it won’t be big enough , but I’ll buy it off him for a softwashing system then they are ideal for that ???

I'm not saying it is a leak from the tank @Pjj; what I'm saying is what if it is a leak from the tank? That would make the tank worthless.

Its not being sold by the windie himself, it being sold by a commercial vehicle trader. That trader would have dried the back out with valeting the van. I'm seeing water in those cargo hooks. This indicates to me that there is still water in that tank which is still seeping out. It could just be a leak on the tank's outlet, but what if it isn't?

Awesome replies lads - thanks very much. The knowledge you guys have is invaluable to some one like me haha. Appreciate it 

I'm not saying it is a leak from the tank @Pjj; what I'm saying is what if it is a leak from the tank? That would make the tank worthless.

Its not being sold by the windie himself, it being sold by a commercial vehicle trader. That trader would have dried the back out with valeting the van. I'm seeing water in those cargo hooks. This indicates to me that there is still water in that tank which is still seeping out. It could just be a leak on the tank's outlet, but what if it isn't?
I’ve been speaking to the guy this week. The story goes .. a local windy business bought a load of vans from him, didn’t get as much work as expected and he ended up buying a few of them back from the buyer 

Awesome replies lads - thanks very much. The knowledge you guys have is invaluable to some one like me haha. Appreciate it 

I’ve been speaking to the guy this week. The story goes .. a local windy business bought a load of vans from him, didn’t get as much work as expected and he ended up buying a few of them back from the buyer 

Sounds a good story. But who goes out and buys a 'load of vans' without testing the market first? If we grow a business we do it bit at a time.

No matter how good the story I would be concerned about that leak. Having been in the trade I've heard some good stories. Something in my gut tells me there is a problem with the system. It maybe be a cheap fix but it may not be. In the trade we would always price a trade in expecting the worst.

For example, Fiat had a major problem with Y plate Puntos using the 1.2l petrol engine. The vehicles were renowned for blowing head gaskets due to faulty engine block machining which Fiat never acknowledged. Every Punto traded in would have £400 knocked off the trade in price in case we had to do a head gasket repair during the warranty period.

I'm sorry, but until proved otherwise, that system is worth nothing in my books.

The other reason why I wouldn't consider it is as @Doddy111 says, the tank isn't big enough when you get busy.

But this is just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
That ford van has been up for sale quite awhile , I would say 4-5month from the first time I seen it .. Their was 2 of them up for sale from that dealer , the other one only had 70k on clock if I remember correctly,  that had exactly the same stuff in the back 

Back