Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Category view is back! ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
Ok so I have been going from one thing to another trying to figure how to fix the site. I have finally settled with bringing the category view back and leaving an option for latest topics view for those who want it.

Over the coming weeks I will be trying to clean up the site and it's code and some modifications previously made will be removed just to get the forum running at its best. Once everything is cleaned up I may look at a new theme that will just freshen it up a little.

While I am cleaning it up, clearing the database of rubbish and so on you may notice the odd but if down time here and there but will be with it to ensure the forum is for and healthy so to speak.

Switching from have categories to your default view of latest topics as your default view is easy just tap the buttons highlighted in the screenshot.

If you want to keep category view but occasionally see a list of new posts, tap the newspaper icon at the top of the site.

Screenshot_20200215_084735.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see it back again but as I say, if its not broke then don't fix it. IT folk remind me of channel hoppers, you get into a programme and they change it. I would suggest IT folk would be much better if they sat on their hands while watching the screen. ?

What are you using to view the forum. The list shouldn't eve look like that. 

This is what it should look like. 

Screenshot_20200215_125120_com.android.chrome.jpg

It's ok I can see the issue I think. The problem is the current theme. All the hacking away at the code I think. I am going to be working on cleaning it all up so hopefully in a week or so it will all be working properly and smoothly. 

Actually tell you what. Scroll to the bottom of the site where them privacy links are. You should see a theme link click that and select new theme. Then look at the online list. You should see yourself on there then. If so let me know just to confirm it is what I think it is. 

See the theme link right at the bottom of the site? Click that and select new theme. Let me know if you can see yourself online then. You should be able to as that is a clean theme with no modifications at all.

Back