Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A simple guide to pure water production

Nicely laid out r/o system @Baldmonkey.

Just a small point. I suspect the solenoid valve you have used on the water inlet pipe is a "normally closed" one. Its normally closed as in the advent of a power cut your r/o won't start working as it would if it were normally open. It will be a similar normally closed valves as used on the inlet water pipes on automatic washing machines.

Otherwise top notch system and one hopefully new window cleaners can learn from.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just a small point. I suspect the solenoid valve you have used on the water inlet pipe is a "normally closed" one. Its normally closed as in the advent of a power cut your r/o won't start working as it would if it were normally open. It will be a similar normally closed valves as used on the inlet water pipes on automatic washing machines.

Otherwise top notch system and one hopefully new window cleaners can learn from.

And also cheap as chips. Well Done. ?

Cheers spruce, your probably right about the solenoid and what you say would make sense, if that's all you pick up on me being wrong for them I'll take that ???

When I move house, I will be going for the Baldmonkey system. I have had horror stories regarding the price of my membranes (£160 each). Why can he do it so cheap? Thats what i would like to know and great video.

When I move house, I will be going for the Baldmonkey system. I have had horror stories regarding the price of my membranes (£160 each). Why can he do it so cheap? Thats what i would like to know and great video.
Thanks, it's a nice compliment that someone likes your idea.. Think the key is that the second you talk about needing 1000ltr within a few hours everyone automatically points to a 40/40 membrane. The ones I buy are 3013 450gpd. I think they would need high pressure to even get anywhere near that figure. When I built the system I initially only put one r/o in... And it took me around 32 hours to fill an IBC... Tripled it up and now get an IBC full in around 10 hours on static pressure. Now I don't even need 2300 litres a day but in theory that's about what It could produ e if need be. The mem ranges are that cheap I can buy them and have them sat on the shelf waiting to change. Definitely not the only way to do it but I've been really fortunate that it's worked for me ?

Shed envy, my shed ain't big enough to accommodate an R/O bigger than a standard one
30ft that badboy... Love it (when it's tidy) 

Im going to replicate your pipes into the submersible pump, I was scoping it all out the other day ?

You have an onboard R/O why are you messing on with a DI 
I dont need an RO. I'm in North Devon. Mains taps water at home is 56 PPM 

Running it through two pre filters as a scrubber removing chlorine and particulates. 2 micron particle filter and a carbon block filter then into my Unger hydropower DI to easily knock it down to 000ppm 

Running it through two pre filters as a scrubber removing chlorine and particulates. 2 micron particle filter and a carbon block filter then into my Unger hydropower DI to easily knock it down to 000ppm 
I could probably do the same as I'm around 60ppm, may give it a try. thanks

I was quoting scottish ? , I wished my water was that soft 

Back