Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Aldi battery charger

A car battery is the same as a leisure battery so it would be suitable I would have thought, but some of the cheaper chargers can charge at slower rate, although fine if like me I just connect my charger and leave it connected all night 

A car battery is the same as a leisure battery so it would be suitable I would have thought, but some of the cheaper chargers can charge at slower rate, although fine if like me I just connect my charger and leave it connected all night 
Thanks @Iron Giant, I already have a charger from Window Cleaning warehouse, hopefully this post will be suitable for someone looking for one.

Thanks @Iron Giant, I already have a charger from Window Cleaning warehouse, hopefully this post will be suitable for someone looking for one.
No worries, I got told by Tanya about each type of battery being the same when I phoned them as they have the Numax charger that I bought from them listed separately as a Leisure battery charger  also a car battery charger on their site. 

A car battery is the same as a leisure battery
Actually they're not!

Car batteries are designed to provide a high Cranking Current but they're not as good at providing lower currents over longer periods. Witht that said, if you were powering a MP3 player from it you'd not have too much hassle. Leisure batteries are designed to provide a stable current / voltage over longer periods - but at a lower current - you won't be starting a car from one though or if you do it won't be for long.

Actually they're not!

Car batteries are designed to provide a high Cranking Current but they're not as good at providing lower currents over longer periods. Witht that said, if you were powering a MP3 player from it you'd not have too much hassle. Leisure batteries are designed to provide a stable current / voltage over longer periods - but at a lower current - you won't be starting a car from one though or if you do it won't be for long.
We are talking in terms of charging not usage, so a car battery charger can be used to charge a leisure battery. 

I have an Aldi charger very similar in appearance to the one shown. The only problem I’ve had with it is that if my battery drops below a certain voltage (I think it was around 10 volts) it won’t start charging.

I Discovered this when I accidentally left my interior light on over the weekend one time. After trying unsuccessfully with the Aldi charger, I popped my CTek charger on it and It started immediately. Once I’d raised the voltage to above the cut off point the Aldi charger was fine.

Latest Posts

Back