Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Where can I get one of these from?

Dirty dan

Hi guys. I’m after one of these hose guides but can’t seem to find them anywhere. Anyone have any ideas where I can find one please? I want to chuck it on my back doors so I can lock it up with hose hanging out

929F50E2-0B1D-49B4-A893-E8C494A7819D.png

That’s what I was thinking. If I could get one of these and rivet it where the doors meet so I can just feed hose back on my reel as normal when I open the doors. 

I have big rubber seals on my back doors. I can close the door and still use my wfp but putting pressure on my pump. My ultimate aim is to build a bulk head just after my reels so no one can get beyond where i keep my stuff. Its a summer job so i will probably make do just now.

I’ve seen these but it isn’t the same, the one I pictured is spilt in half so I can put it on both door so it splits open with the doors so I can reel the hose up as normal. If I use this blue one I’ll be fighting to pull hose back through door at the time same as trying to get hose back on reel.

I’ve seen these but it isn’t the same, the one I pictured is spilt in half so I can put it on both door so it splits open with the doors so I can reel the hose up as normal. If I use this blue one I’ll be fighting to pull hose back through door at the time same as trying to get hose back on reel.
The gap between the doors won't be big enough once closed so you are still stuck with the same issue, below is the grippa stainless steel ones through the van floor, I have another set under the van, which is the ones @scottish cleaning service posted a link to Oliver sorted out a bracket they stock to suit, not the most straightforward way of doing things for most but worked better for me

Your second option would be HD Pulley which would more straightforward to fit, cut a hole in the van floor with a jigsaw to suit, I believe they are supplied with nuts and bolts, so drill 4 holes through the floor and job done, I make it sound easy but my neighbour who is a fitter by trade fitted mine, also I have no gear and no idea 

20200102_142357.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The gap between the doors won't be big enough once closed so you are still stuck with the same issue, below is the grippa stainless steel ones through the van floor, I have another set under the van, which is the ones @scottish cleaning service posted a link to Oliver sorted out a bracket they stock to suit, not the most straightforward way of doing things for most but worked better for me

Your second option would be HD Pulley which would more straightforward to fit, cut a hole in the van floor with a jigsaw to suit, I believe they are supplied with nuts and bolts, so drill 4 holes through the floor and job done, I make it sound easy but my neighbour who is a fitter by trade fitted mine, also I have no gear and no idea 

View attachment 19395
Does spray off the road not come up into the van with these? I once had an old nova and one of the drain plugs come out unnoticed. I only found out after a short motorway journey in the rain when my footwell was completely flooded. 

Does spray off the road not come up into the van with these? I once had an old nova and one of the drain plugs come out unnoticed. I only found out after a short motorway journey in the rain when my footwell was completely flooded. 
No it doesn’t with mine we have two in the floor never had a problem , 

2F4CEEC1-39C8-4EC3-9B55-0538F695C499.jpeg

Looks like it could also be a trip hazard with the hose that high in the air if walking behind the van ?..
Probably same height as fixed reel with doors open ,

you wouldn’t have it pulled horizontal 

you would have plenty slack and have it flat on floor from the van?

by the way that banger Isn’t mine? 

I quite like that idea , reg plate covers it when not on use

Probably same height as fixed reel with doors open ,

you wouldn’t have it pulled horizontal 

you would have plenty slack and have it flat on floor from the van?

by the way that banger Isn’t mine? 

I quite like that idea , reg plate covers it when not on use
That’s why most have floor rollers so the doors can be shut who in there right mind is going to leave a van unlocked with doors open whilst working around the back of a property with poles and other kit on display ?.... your insurance will be invalid, asking for trouble ,doors could easily be damaged in the wind , could blow and hit a passer by the insurance company would love that , we live in a very safe part of the country but I wouldn’t dream of leaving the back doors open whilst working . 

I’m debating making my own setup using winch rollers etc but I have seen pictures of one I like the idea of. Does anyone know who makes the rollers that enter through the floor and exit from the bumper? I’m sure someone on here has that version!

I’m debating making my own setup using winch rollers etc but I have seen pictures of one I like the idea of. Does anyone know who makes the rollers that enter through the floor and exit from the bumper? I’m sure someone on here has that version!
I think that was a post from several years ago , if you look on Grippatank website or waterworks site you can see how they assemble them you can buy all the bits separately by shopping around and make them yourself it’s dead easy , again fitting them is easy I have done all my vans takes a couple of hours tops , the waterworks version works well simple design one hole through the floor dropper plates to put the hose below the bumper and it’s job done . 

Mine from Grippa are tucked up behind the bumper, so plenty of ground clearance also, doing 2 sets like I did is a lot more work drilling holes sourcing the nuts and bolts as required, it took me and my neighbour a good hour to fit 2 sets, as @Pjj says and I said a little further up the post the waterworks ones will be the easiest to fit. 

Fitting a set of rollers into the bumper or the backdoor is going to take a bit of know how and some graft to do a proper decent job and make it look good, a side note if you decide to sell the van in the future, mods to the bumper or backdoor will effect the sale, were as holes in the floor can be sorted and ply-lining over the top, I have kept mine in my garage. 

I think that was a post from several years ago , if you look on Grippatank website or waterworks site you can see how they assemble them you can buy all the bits separately by shopping around and make them yourself it’s dead easy , again fitting them is easy I have done all my vans takes a couple of hours tops , the waterworks version works well simple design one hole through the floor dropper plates to put the hose below the bumper and it’s job done . 
What do you do during the working day? Do you leave the pole connected and trap the pole hose in the door or do you disconnect on every job? Can see that one being a right faff though having to thread the hose through the hole and back under the bumper everytime. 

Back