Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Be my friend on Facebook

I've never had a  Facebook account personally but when I've dipped in I see some cleaners put their business and family out there.  I don't think it looks good  as if you have critical customers it's there for all to see, your family included. I'd prefer the two separate.

I’ve set up a second profile page just for work. Thought it would help better than just a business page. I thought that if I used it to post in groups and it also helps so people can tag you. I’ve got a couple of extra customers already

I’ve set up a second profile page just for work. Thought it would help better than just a business page. I thought that if I used it to post in groups and it also helps so people can tag you. I’ve got a couple of extra customers already
I think it's better to have a business page then custys can leave reviews and you get to build up your reputation far better, it shows that you are a bona fide business also, plus moving forward if you got a website and have a link to your fb page this all works for you as you will have created an organic online rep so people will find your business easily in fb and google. 

To answer the question on custys been fb friends an absolute NO! I don't have many fb friends anyway as I like my private life private and don't want people I hardly know, knowing my own business. 

Yeah I wouldn't want my customers on my personal friends list.  I don't even look for work in my local immediate area because I don't want to be bumping into customers every time I leave the house to go shopping or the pub etc.  

I think you need that distance between work and your personal life, customers, although they make brews and you can have a laugh with them, I still class them as work.  

Yeah I wouldn't want my customers on my personal friends list.  I don't even look for work in my local immediate area because I don't want to be bumping into customers every time I leave the house to go shopping or the pub etc.  

I think you need that distance between work and your personal life, customers, although they make brews and you can have a laugh with them, I still class them as work.  
Bleedin heck I am not that bad and I'm a self confessed social recluse ? I do jobs local to me and bump into custys when I am out, I have even gained 3 jobs through chatting to people whilst out with my dog, also me and my wife are really friendly with a couple in their 70's who are on my rounds  

Bleedin heck I am not that bad and I'm a self confessed social recluse ? I do jobs local to me and bump into custys when I am out, I have even gained 3 jobs through chatting to people whilst out with my dog, also me and my wife are really friendly with a couple in their 70's who are on my rounds  
A few years ago I did office cleaning for a young woman who ran a small cleaning business doing domestic house cleaning and office cleaning.  One night I bumped into her at the supermarket and was chatting to her, whilst I was chatting we were interrupted about 5 times, they were all customers of hers saying hello.  At the time I thought 'bloody hell, I wouldn't like that' and that's why I've set out from the start to avoid it.  

A few years ago I did office cleaning for a young woman who ran a small cleaning business doing domestic house cleaning and office cleaning.  One night I bumped into her at the supermarket and was chatting to her, whilst I was chatting we were interrupted about 5 times, they were all customers of hers saying hello.  At the time I thought 'bloody hell, I wouldn't like that' and that's why I've set out from the start to avoid it.  
One or two is my limit ? only in for my beer on a weekend then straight out, so I never see  too many in our local shops 

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree with you.  When I used to live in the area I worked, everytime I went to the supermarket I'd bump into customers. It gets tiring. At work I make an effort with all my customers but its nice to have some down time and just be able to go about your private business quietly!  About two years ago we moved and although I have a 20/25 minute commute most days it means on the weekend I'm not bumping into customers.  Much prefer it that way.

I don't do Facebook my, my daughter set up a business FB via my wife's FB account thats enough for me. 

I don't want a FB account as It wouldn't fair on my wife all the women wanting to added me as a friend as you all know the ladies love a a baldy ?

Back