Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure washer recommendations

Hugh1

Can any one recommend a decent pressure washer petrol. With tap and barrel fed and a hose reel. I was looking at a wilks but the reviews are up and down. Looking for something less than £400

Can any one recommend a decent pressure washer petrol. With tap and barrel fed and a hose reel. I was looking at a wilks but the reviews are up and down. Looking for something less than £400
Unfortunately decent pressure washer and less than £400 dont go together , the old adage buy cheap buy twice  is very true , evan something well worn secondhand will cost more than that , a few questions that need answering first are 

what are you planning on cleaning ? 

Will you be using a flat surface cleaner ? Or vario lance ? Or turbo nozzle ? 

To be able to do a decent job you need a minimum of 15 ltr per muinit and 250 bar machine , only the bigger ones will draw water from a barrel .

if you give us a bit more information we can try and advise you better , as has been said Ben at Rutland pumps is very helpful and no hard sell , he might have some secondhand stuff give him a ring explain what you want to do and he will advise you what will work best fir you ,unfortunately I doubt you will get much for  your budget .

I think you would need to spend £1500 to have one that you don't need to change in the future. If you buy a £500 one then with in weeks you will be looking to upgrade to a more powerful one, I'm afraid.

I plan on using it to clean driveways was thinking of a rotary cleaner and turbo nozzle. Just need something that will do a good job I could go higher than 400 but would like some recommendations on a decent starter washer for what I need it for. Will contant Rutland and see what they say. Thanks for the help folks new to this so sorry if it seems a silly question. 

I plan on using it to clean driveways was thinking of a rotary cleaner and turbo nozzle. Just need something that will do a good job I could go higher than 400 but would like some recommendations on a decent starter washer for what I need it for. Will contant Rutland and see what they say. Thanks for the help folks new to this so sorry if it seems a silly question. 
Contacting Ben at Rutland is your best option he is a honest helpful guy with no hard sell ,explained what you want to do and he will tell you what you need to do the job and he might have something secondhand that would do you at a reasonable price , let us know how you get on . 

Looks like an Interpump which are good but I don't see the point in buying a second hand PW. If you are committed to PW then save up and buy a new one. You will get a year's guarantee and somewhere to buy all the accessories, that's why I stick to Rutland Pumps. After sales is second to none and Ben is great to deal with, never had any problems when I bought new 2yrs ago. Must have spent £7 grand on my PW stuff and its worth every penny. 

I see every reason to buy secondhand.

The OP has £400.00 or a little more and that ebay machine is what most on here see as the go to spec. With £400.00 or thereabouts to spend he will make the mistake of buying a Chinese built machine with small pump & poor cleaning capability.

He's starting out. Everyone has to start somewhere.

My 1st machines were Hilta/Yanmar 15 LPM (secondhand), had 6 of them before I upgraded to a Hot & Mighty (secondhand), put 14500 hours onto it and sold it last year and it's still working.

My current machine is secondhand and there won't be many machines that will compete with it.

The seller says it has been a third machine, with little use and serviced by a recognised supplier.

There's nothing wrong with that machine and someone else has taken the hit on the price.

Personal perspectives don't come into it - that is a bargain & will serve well anyone who is sensible enough to buy it.

Reliability - 

Not an issue with secondhand machines.

Last week I was cleaning a storefront, chewing gum removal/slab flooring & cladding & glass canopy in Cambridge, I cleaned a storefront canopy in Watford & went back over to Bury St Edmunds to clean a fuel station canopy & kiosk fascia.

I'm back in Watford on Sunday for a fuel station canopy, full works next week and ongoing.

I'd happily use that machine if I didn't have my completely reliable set up. 

It's a Honda engine with an Interpump, neither of those two will go wrong if they have oil to both & filters have been changed.

Maybe I was lucky as I had half a dozen customers wanting me to PW their driveway. This meant half of my washer's cost was made back in a few weeks. Mine is a money making machine, 2 jobs last week made £900. I stick to £3 a sq metre and I have lost one quote because the old guy was getting 5 quotes and telling everyone what the other would charge. I try and have £200 minimum because my washer is not permanently in my van now.

if on a budget a Loncin from jetmac , around £600 +     check there site.     It may Not take off.     If it dosent you will have no problem selling it on if looked after.

This is the route I went around 6 years ago.    Got ideas off Smurf .   Happy days getting imfo,   I did around 5 jobs then went quiet.      Sold it on for what I paid for it.      Made most back in jobs.

My work is mainly window cleaning now.     4/6 days a week so not much time for PW.

Im now down sizing,    so I can have a few days off a week or 4 days & a couple 1/2 days.

Sold a £200 for £800.   this is put aside in case I get ideas to get a Honda Pw GX 390.    If I see a good deal the cash is there.

Window cleaning all these days a week can have its drawbacks on your lower back as you get into your 50s     , if you have been at it for years.

Roll on Spring & light nights

Back