Jump to content
Pjj

Who is responsible for the blog on this forum

Recommended Posts

Pjj

Ime not general one for blogs but was reading a section on hear see below what kind in an idiot would put this on a window cleaning forum its utter rubbish and could cause confusion for any member of the public reading it , it doesn’t take several cleans to get good results it takes one clean !,, BE060E68-2550-4AAE-AB74-C6BDB0D918E7.thumb.png.cd3dcaa4fac5b4eceebc7233dbbadabc.png

Edited by Pjj

Share this post


Link to post
Chris33

Yes one clean and all is good. This isnt good info to be putting out, not least cos it'll make new guys complacent and affect the overall image of what we are doing. 

Share this post


Link to post
RWCleaning

Yeh he’s talking rubbish! I’ve been going over 5 years and I’m still looking for the good results! 

Share this post


Link to post
kevinc250
4 hours ago, Martyn said:

Bonkers! Splash & dash comes to mind.

@pjj 🤪 

Share this post


Link to post
kevinc250

I think these particular blogs are aimed more at the newbies or customers just checking how it works-this is a very public forum after all, yes I read that blog once and like you all it thought it is very innacurate and you could say the thoughts and views are quite old and so outdated and not really relavant to todays view on WFP, its quite simple to rectify though, someone just write an updated blog and submit it to either @gav or the mods.

Share this post


Link to post
spruce

Taking 2 or 3 cleans was a popular way explaining wfp in those early days.

I have always made sure the windows on the first clean were left spotless, but I also used this 'card' when trying to explain how the system worked.

There was 1 cowboy who just used tap water but told customers that the spots would get better by the third clean. Thank goodness he retired a few years ago. Unfortunately his window cleaning legacy has remained. As they say: you can take the skunk out of the room but the stench remains for a long time afterwards.

Share this post


Link to post
steve garwood
16 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Sounds like an anorak to be fair.

Said without a hint of irony 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj
5 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

@Gav is admin so he will be able to update as required if @Pjj wants to write an updated version

I was just surprised that on a window cleaning forum that a totally misleading statement like that was there it doesn’t do any of us any favours in the public’s eye if they read that . I am not a linguist and not interested in writing a blog I dont do it on my own web site but thanks for the offer 😎😎

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
1 hour ago, Pjj said:

I was just surprised that on a window cleaning forum that a totally misleading statement like that was there it doesn’t do any of us any favours in the public’s eye if they read that . I am not a linguist and not interested in writing a blog I dont do it on my own web site but thanks for the offer 😎😎

I do agree with what you've said regarding the content of the article, I'll sort out another better written one moving forward 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Gav

To be honest I am in two minds on getting rid of the blog. I no longer clean myself and can't really write the blogs myself. I did announce some time ago that members could write for the blog and get a link to their site but didn't get any takers so it's kind of just been left. 

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
16 hours ago, Gav said:

To be honest I am in two minds on getting rid of the blog. I no longer clean myself and can't really write the blogs myself. I did announce some time ago that members could write for the blog and get a link to their site but didn't get any takers so it's kind of just been left. 

Might have been the back links that put people off, I wouldn't have a back link to my site for obvious reasons, @Chris33 could give War & Peace a run for it's money with his blogs 😂 moving forward either it gets dropped or maybe have a sticky post on each topic board as a read this first sort of thing, so the obvious/constantly asked questions don't get churned over all the time and have a back link as a option for anyone who is happy to.

@Chris33 does trad, wfp and pressure washing so it would keep him busy writing, also quite certain other members have a wealth of experience and knowledge to write something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Dave B
20 hours ago, Pjj said:

I was just surprised that on a window cleaning forum that a totally misleading statement like that was there it doesn’t do any of us any favours in the public’s eye if they read that . I am not a linguist and not interested in writing a blog I dont do it on my own web site but thanks for the offer 😎😎

I've seen by your spelling 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Gav

Good points @Iron Giant 

Ok if anyone ( @Chris33 ) wants to rewrite that post please fell free otherwise i think i might just drop the blog. 

That is a good point though re the most asked questions for each section. Maybe everyone could put in their two pennys worth for each section and i will then create a sticky topic in each form. 

So if we start with the WFP section. What are the most asked questions and your professional answers.

Maybe format like. 

Q. 

A. 

Share this post


Link to post
Chris33
52 minutes ago, Gav said:

Good points @Iron Giant 

Ok if anyone ( @Chris33 ) wants to rewrite that post please fell free otherwise i think i might just drop the blog. 

That is a good point though re the most asked questions for each section. Maybe everyone could put in their two pennys worth for each section and i will then create a sticky topic in each form. 

So if we start with the WFP section. What are the most asked questions and your professional answers.

Maybe format like. 

Q. 

A. 

I'll do you three blogs @Gav so that one plus what else would you prefer? Do this sunday. 

Share this post


Link to post
NoName
On 22/02/2020 at 15:00, Pjj said:

it doesn’t take several cleans to get good results it takes one clean !,, 

To be fair - in the 'spirit of under promise/over deliver' for my initial cleans when they haven't been done since Noah was a lad, I usually say "Don't worry they will look lovely after the initial clean, all sparklingly as you'd expect (smile, make eye contact, smile again)...and maybe it's because I'm a bit 'ocd' but occasionally we may find a stubborn mark (tree zap/etc) on the glass or sills which can take a 2nd/3rd clean to take it to 'perfection' and then it stays that way...(with a smile)". (usually use this point to let the custy know if they are EVER in anyway less than delighted with the finish to ring and we'll return and sort whatever concerns them..this is great for 'confusions' custy 'thought' they said include the conny roof/I've got dozens of windows you can't see from my property but you need to go next door to see them - but never did!)

Why? The first thing a new custy will do when they get home post first clean is to 'examine' their windows...to 'see' what they have paid for. As it's hard to 'see' something 'clean' but easy to spot the tiniest mark etc (esp from 10cm inside on the second floor - they have the edge over us) this reassures them 'cos they were 'warned' and can expect perfection next time and every time after that...(by which time the novelty has worn off and they don't scrutinise them again...happy days.)

I should say I don't charge a premium for initial cleans (though they obviously take longer) - I view it as an 'investment' in them as a custy (don't wish to give the impression I'm 'charge happy' - thou I do charge well) so for me it's a case of diminishing returns - I could spend 2hrs on a 30min job to get 'perfection' but is that 1.5h extra appreciated (unlikely to even be noticed).

So for me that's a 'sensible' approach when giving to new wfp'ers advice, who likely will not do their best work on their first initial cleans - at least they *might* have read the post and be able to trot out the line, rather than go red in the face and stare at their feet...in fact I'm sure thats true for old timer wfp'ers too...

Edited by NoName

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj
6 minutes ago, NoName said:

To be fair - in the 'spirit of under promise/over deliver' for my initial cleans when they haven't been done since Noah was a lad, I usually say "Don't worry they will look lovely after the initial clean, all sparklingly as you'd expect (smile, make eye contact, smile again)...and maybe it's because I'm a bit 'ocd' but occasionally we may find a stubborn mark (tree zap/etc) on the glass or sills which can take a 2nd/3rd clean to take it to 'perfection' and then it stays that way...(with a smile)". (usually use this point to let the custy know if they are EVER in anyway less than delighted with the finish to ring and we'll return and sort whatever concerns them..this is great for 'confusions' custy 'thought' they said include the conny roof/I've got dozens of windows you can't see from my property but you need to go next door to see them - but never did!)

Why? The first thing a new custy will do when they get home post first clean is to 'examine' their windows...to 'see' what they have paid for As it's hard to 'see' something 'clean' but easy to spot the tiniest mark etc (esp from 10cm inside on the second floor - they have the edge over us) this reassures them 'cos they were 'warned' and can expect perfection next time and every time after that...(by which time the novelty has worn off and they don't scrutinise them again...happy days.)

I should say I don't charge a premium for initial cleans (though they obviously take longer) - I view it as an 'investment' in them as a custy (don't wish to give the impression I'm 'charge happy' - thou I do charge well) so for me its' a case of diminishing returns - I could spend 2hrs on a 30min job to get 'perfection' but is that 1.5h extra appreciated (unlikely to even be noticed).

So for me that's a 'sensible' approach when giving to new wfp'ers advice, who likely will not do their best work on their first initial cleans - in fact I'm sure thats true for old timer wfp'ers too...

We charge double for first cleans , unless they are an existing customer who is moving or buying an additional property ,or a family member of an existing customer , this stops messers who  claim they want a regular clean but want a one off , not boasting but I cannot remember the last time we had a complaint and had to go back ,my philosophy is do it once do it right , there is no excuse not to get the job clean on one visit , we clean stuff that hasn’t been cleaned in years with windows and frames green with algi and moss growth at times theses we charge 3-4 times the normal clean price some will pay that some won’t but they will look as close to new windows as it’s possible to get so I feel that’s good value for money . We pick up a lot of work from other cleaners that do a poor job as you have described, quality work costs money and that’s what we provide ,I always tell new clients if you arnt happy ring within 24 hours and let me know what the problem is we will return and put it right , the last two call backs we had ,turned out that the  markes were inside the property  not outside the customers were very red faced when this was pointed out to them 😂😂😂, anyone can clean a window but not everyone can do it right or well ,that comes with practice and experience and that’s what the customer gets from us , some are just slap dash we see them every day and see the finished results spots ,scarring from bird poo , pollen, snail trails etc some customers seam happy to accept this ,and some won’t ,we want the ones that won’t accept it ,we work ti a high standard and like customers that appreciate what we do . 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.