Jump to content
DeLaCruz

Quickest way to clean large factory cladding

Recommended Posts

DeLaCruz

Job is 6monthly exterior cladding, soffit and fascia clean - the offices are really large I am curious if using virosol +brush being the fastest method to do the clean - would a spray on nozzle to apply virosol be better ? Or potentially softwashing it completely and not bothering with a brush unless it’s tough stain could be the go ? The area i need to cover is really big and curious how most of these factory jobs get done in the quickest way possible

 

Edited by DeLaCruz

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service

I would try a few test patches to see what was the best out come.

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer

I don't know but good luck if you get it 😀

Share this post


Link to post
DeLaCruz
8 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

I don't know but good luck if you get it 😀

Yeah it’s 4 of these massive buildings in the vid - gonna be a mission 

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj
2 hours ago, DeLaCruz said:

Job is 6monthly exterior cladding, soffit and fascia clean - the offices are really large I am curious if using virosol +brush being the fastest method to do the clean - would a spray on nozzle to apply virosol be better ? Or potentially softwashing it completely and not bothering with a brush unless it’s tough stain could be the go ? The area i need to cover is really big and curious how most of these factory jobs get done in the quickest way possible

 

I very much doubt it would need cleaning every 6 months , I also doubt they would want to pay what it would cost to do it every 6 months , just softwashing without scrubbing won’t remove dirt it will just make it translucent and will leave a “roughsurface”for a much quicker build up of dirt . Hypo isn’t the best solution to use on an alloy based building , a soap based product like Virosol works far better , spray with a 10-1 solution of Virosol light rub with wfp rinse job done we do several similar type buildings one is in a very high dirt area and That’s done every 12-18 months it’s due in the next couple of months . 

332A70B4-711B-4D5F-A57C-B070F7517448.jpeg

A13FE5E0-A951-4423-A9FD-1F23E4A4E59F.jpeg

BB8BFD3E-528F-40BE-8716-B5FA834114D5.jpeg

6E02B7DC-951D-4630-B635-32DB1FA1A748.jpeg

8609DB53-0880-4496-8A12-9A4E1B5B28E1.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
P4dstar

I clean one exactly like that. Spray it with Virosol through a nozzle, second man goes behind you agitating the virosol, you go behind them and clean it all down. If you get into a nice rhythm then two people can fly through it. Two men could genuinely do that over a long weekend, with the help of a little rain you'd even be in the pub by 4 o'clock Sunday 😂

Share this post


Link to post
P4dstar
4 minutes ago, Pjj said:

I very much doubt it would need cleaning every 6 months , I also doubt they would want to pay what it would cost to do it every 6 months

Remember that one you helped me price a couple of years ago? They have moved to nine monthly. It's a little different though because its a medical facility though.

Share this post


Link to post
DeLaCruz

thanks @Pjj thats interesting i was leaning towards virosol mix, just worried about how long its gonna take it bc the area i gotta cover is ridiculously large (4 of those buildings in the vid front and back) - id like to think i could do one whole building in 4-5 hours flat out but that maybe optimistic really don't know - gotta maybe just ask to run a test section maybe

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj
28 minutes ago, DeLaCruz said:

thanks @Pjj thats interesting i was leaning towards virosol mix, just worried about how long its gonna take it bc the area i gotta cover is ridiculously large (4 of those buildings in the vid front and back) - id like to think i could do one whole building in 4-5 hours flat out but that maybe optimistic really don't know - gotta maybe just ask to run a test section maybe

Don’t want to put you off but you won’t do that in 4-5 hours , unless it’s practically clean 😂😂 what is it  dirty with road grime or bacterial growth like algi , mould etc ?? If it’s mould then hypo will be best option going carefully if it’s road grime Virosol is best . 

Definitely do a test patch that will tell you what works best , and you can multiply the area you have cleaned to the building size giving you a rough guide of time involved, remember it will take longer to do the high stuff I would do from top to bottom on a section 10 meters wide then gi from there . 

Share this post


Link to post
DeLaCruz
1 minute ago, Pjj said:

Don’t want to put you off but you won’t do that in 4-5 hours , unless it’s practically clean 😂😂 what is it  dirty with road grime or bacterial growth like algi , mould etc ?? If it’s mould then hypo will be best option going carefully if it’s road grime Virosol is best . 

Definitely do a test patch that will tell you what works best , and you can multiply the area you have cleaned to the building size giving you a rough guide of time involved, remember it will take longer to do the high stuff I would do from top to bottom on a section 10 meters wide then gi from there . 

It’s a brand new business park so not gonna have any mould on it main thing I expect is traffic film build up - they have a maintenance budget for gleaming all cladding every 6-months, gutters once a year and windows monthly. I gonna get a quote in early and see how it goes 

Share this post


Link to post
NoName
Posted (edited)
On 24/02/2020 at 22:12, DeLaCruz said:

 I gonna get a quote in early and see how it goes 

@DeLaCruz (any 'cladding experts' ) did you get the job  - I'm quoting for a similar at the 'mo - what did you end up using - virosol?

Mine are a dark/faded blue, three units connected, 1 out of 3 is new - recently 4-5 years 'added on' to the other two (20years old) has faded in the UV (?) with a light white 'powdery' 'flim' on it -looking to try to blend (as much as possible) the two old & new so the difference isn't so stark - did a wet finger test on site survey - looks like the grime will come off easy (just dirt, algae in a few spots)

All - I'm thinking Virosol  or tfr  - any suggestions on the 'whiteish coating' (oxidation?)

Planning  to WFP with chem and pure - or using a 'softwash box' to dynamically blend the chem and tap water.

Any comments - suggestions welcomed!  

Edited by NoName

Share this post


Link to post
P4dstar
On 30/05/2020 at 10:06, NoName said:

@DeLaCruz (any 'cladding experts' ) did you get the job  - I'm quoting for a similar at the 'mo - what did you end up using - virosol?

Mine are a dark/faded blue, three units connected, 1 out of 3 is new - recently 4-5 years 'added on' to the other two (20years old) has faded in the UV (?) with a light white 'powdery' 'flim' on it -looking to try to blend (as much as possible) the two old & new so the difference isn't so stark - did a wet finger test on site survey - looks like the grime will come off easy (just dirt, algae in a few spots)

All - I'm thinking Virosol  or tfr  - any suggestions on the 'whiteish coating' (oxidation?)

Planning  to WFP with chem and pure - or using a 'softwash box' to dynamically blend the chem and tap water.

Any comments - suggestions welcomed!  

I've got my biggest job of the year coming up, around 300 metres of cladding, between 25 and 35 feet tall. There will be two of us, one applying virosol and working it into the cladding, the other following behind cleaning and rinsing. The whole building should take a day and a half.

Share this post


Link to post
NoName

sounds like an efficient 'machine' - envious 😉 👍

Share this post


Link to post
tench0771

Mu friend does a lot of these and allways pressure wash them he sprays with tfr first then blasts it 

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer
On 02/06/2020 at 23:06, P4dstar said:

I've got my biggest job of the year coming up, around 300 metres of cladding, between 25 and 35 feet tall. There will be two of us, one applying virosol and working it into the cladding, the other following behind cleaning and rinsing. The whole building should take a day and a half.

Have you done this one before?

Share this post


Link to post
NoName

Thanks Tench - I've already put the quote in, in which state I will not be using pressurised water - so I've backed myself into a WFP corner 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
14 hours ago, tench0771 said:

Mu friend does a lot of these and allways pressure wash them he sprays with tfr first then blasts it 

A factory building got done earlier this year near a housing estate I was working the sound was almost deafening from about half a mile away, not sure how they got away with that one and they were at it for 2 days

Share this post


Link to post
P4dstar
On 06/06/2020 at 18:50, Part Timer said:

Have you done this one before?

Yeah, 3rd time now. It's the same one you and PJJ helped me work out prices for. I think I might have referenced it earlier in the thread. Took my brother in law with me this year as he could get there under his own steam. It's a hard days work but it pays well. I've a couple of others too but they're an absolute fraction of the size.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.