Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is this too harsh?

he s being abrupt with you with no explanation as to why he wants to skip a clean(again!)......defo dump....

ive had time to have a good look at my jobs over the last few days on cleaner planner...ive decided to dump a few for various reasons,ive also had to write off a few small debts.....keep cutting/pruning out the deadwood on your round mate....at least once a year....

It's around that time again for me too.

he s being abrupt with you with no explanation as to why he wants to skip a clean(again!)......defo dump....

ive had time to have a good look at my jobs over the last few days on cleaner planner...ive decided to dump a few for various reasons,ive also had to write off a few small debts.....keep cutting/pruning out the deadwood on your round mate....at least once a year....

Its better telling them I clean them every month and if that doesn't suit you then you will need to find someone else to clean them. i have a waiting list so i will just replace you. Thanks for your business.

absolutely!

Wife says I'm too abrupt with people but I think it's fair as been cancelled 3 times in 7 months. 

View attachment 19444
Good and honest, Dave, nothing wrong with it, though as a matter of comparison my style would have been slightly different. 

I think I wouldn't have told her I was removing her. And I certainly wouldn't apologise ; she's the one at fault. 

I would probably have left it for her to contact me when she realised I was overdue. 

My reply in similar circumstances at that time would usually be along these lines : You obviously didn't want my regular service so I passed your space on to the next person on my waiting list. Likely reply from her : Why didn't you tell me? Answer : I have a business to run, I don't have time for back and forth conversations with ex customers. 

I hope your good lady will not think I'm rude and harsh, I'm not but I like to leave this type of person quietly deflated when they realise that they're pretty insignificant in the scheme of things. ?

No different to what I would have done mate ?

I’m due a cull I have one approx every three months always feel good when I do ?

Just how I would have replied. I had a guy cancel at the weekend after a price increase when I asked why as he never gave an explanation, he went off on one a bit how I was the most expensive and other lads charge £10-12 for a 4 bed house, I don't think he took into account his house is far bigger than an average 4 bed. 

I kept things polite and professional as I had always been whilst they were on my rounds, that way there is no comeback with me been slated on fb or to other people. 

No valid excuse end of the day if you can replace them easily then it’s the right thing to do you have a living to earn.
Being honest i’m more lenient with some people especially those of advanced ages and people who i know are struggling with long term illness etc i dont mind if they cancel every now & again, but i think most of us can tell when someones genuinely messing about or a bit air headed. You haven’t said anything out of order. I have a small number of messers i want to replace mainly relating to pet hates like dog poo and persistent late payments, but it’s slim pickings at the moment work wise, not exactly prosperous times. Lot of competition and people aren’t spending either phone has been quiet for a month now with all these back to back storms. Belts are tight

No valid excuse end of the day if you can replace them easily then it’s the right thing to do you have a living to earn.
Being honest i’m more lenient with some people especially those of advanced ages and people who i know are struggling with long term illness etc i dont mind if they cancel every now & again, but i think most of us can tell when someones genuinely messing about or a bit air headed. You haven’t said anything out of order. I have a small number of messers i want to replace mainly relating to pet hates like dog poo and persistent late payments, but it’s slim pickings at the moment work wise, not exactly prosperous times. Lot of competition and people aren’t spending either phone has been quiet for a month now with all these back to back storms. Belts are tight
My phone hasn't stopped lol.

The weather is a bit better here though. 

Picked up at least 1 new job per day the last 2 weeks even with the storm.

It pays to live down south lol

I think your reaction is more than fair. They've messed you about, you've ended it.

One of my monthly messers text me today saying not this time.. i've text him back saying he's cancelled 4 times out of 8 - or every 2nd clean. Offered him every 6 weeks or every two months instead so he hasn't got the monthly schedule and payment to worry about, he naturally took the 2 month option then excused himself with working abroad etc. Funny that wasn't a problem when he said he wanted me every month! Can't really afford to dump this guy though, he's a £20 a time job but he's seriously annoyed me now. Everytime i go there the grime on his conservatory sill is a pain and now he's cancelled me for 3 months.. well next time he'll get the budget clean. I'm not gonna put in extra time for him.

The last one that took me up on that offer was in October and I've not been back since - it's basically an admission that they don't want to pay me as regularly as they wanted me. His wife left me a voicemail a while back but seeing as they couldn't answer my text prior to that i returned the silence.

I think your reaction is more than fair. They've messed you about, you've ended it.

One of my monthly messers text me today saying not this time.. i've text him back saying he's cancelled 4 times out of 8 - or every 2nd clean. Offered him every 6 weeks or every two months instead so he hasn't got the monthly schedule and payment to worry about, he naturally took the 2 month option then excused himself with working abroad etc. Funny that wasn't a problem when he said he wanted me every month! Can't really afford to dump this guy though, he's a £20 a time job but he's seriously annoyed me now. Everytime i go there the grime on his conservatory sill is a pain and now he's cancelled me for 3 months.. well next time he'll get the budget clean. I'm not gonna put in extra time for him.

The last one that took me up on that offer was in October and I've not been back since - it's basically an admission that they don't want to pay me as regularly as they wanted me. His wife left me a voicemail a while back but seeing as they couldn't answer my text prior to that i returned the silence.
Window cleaning is a game mate

Latest Posts

Back