Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp from customer tap

Dave Bass

Hi guys,

I’ve just picked up a job for a housing company on a new block of flats, all OK but they’ve got an inner quadrant of nearly 100 large windows and no easy access for running my hose to it from outside. They do have outside taps in the quadrant though

I had a trolley when I first started out but dismantled it years ago (still have the frame just in case), but given the size of it it’ll be a ball-ache changing bottles etc

I was thinking of double DI from the tap, just wondered if you guys had any other ideas Or if you’d done it and run into issues such as flow rate? I’ve no idea about the water pressure etc as the site isn’t finished yet

Thanks guys,

Dave

That's how the americans do it.. it will get the job done.
Thanks Dave,

I know there are trolley RO’s but but for 3-4 hours twice a year it’s not worth the expense and I’ve not needed it in the last 5 years so not like it’s a worthy investment to the kit

I saw 1 American vid where the guy had cable tied a prefilter to a 4040 and connected straight to a tap for the same problem working in a quadrant.

Expensive way to do it but it works.

Had the waste going straight on the ground and pure straight to pole

Thanks, I’ll probably give the double DI a go and bring some spare resin to see how I get on. Being a new site they’re expecting a couple of cleans before they’re perfect anyway so gives me some leeway on checking TDS, flow rate etc 

I can strap them together on a sack barrow too and it looks a bit more purpose built. If it’s a pain then I’ll look out for a 4040 and fit it to my old trolley

Thanks again ?

Depending what the tds is double di would work ok as a last resort it but might eat resin  , we have a job with a courtyard and throw the hose over the roof it’s only two storey though don’t know if that would be an option ? 

Hi guys,

I’ve just picked up a job for a housing company on a new block of flats, all OK but they’ve got an inner quadrant of nearly 100 large windows and no easy access for running my hose to it from outside. They do have outside taps in the quadrant though

I had a trolley when I first started out but dismantled it years ago (still have the frame just in case), but given the size of it it’ll be a ball-ache changing bottles etc

I was thinking of double DI from the tap, just wondered if you guys had any other ideas Or if you’d done it and run into issues such as flow rate? I’ve no idea about the water pressure etc as the site isn’t finished yet

Thanks guys,

Dave
Should be OK with a single di vessel. You just have to hope that they don't switch the water supply off to that tap at some point. I would be more worried about that tbh.

Depending what the tds is double di would work ok as a last resort it but might eat resin  , we have a job with a courtyard and throw the hose over the roof it’s only two storey though don’t know if that would be an option ? 
It’s a quadrant of 3&4 storey flats so not an option unfortunately and the Car park is at basement level so have to take a lift and through corridors to get to the quadrant 

I agree, that surely would be an awful lot of time effort and worry. I'd think it would need to be a huge payer. It wouldn't be for me, to be honest. 
It’s definitely good money but running the hoses through the building was never really an option

I had the option of rebuilding the old trolley frame but think a double DI will be fine for about 3 hours. I just wasn’t sure how the flow rate would be etc, also if there was another cost effective option I hadn’t thought of for the first filter stage to bring TDS right down before the DI

It’s definitely good money but running the hoses through the building was never really an option

I had the option of rebuilding the old trolley frame but think a double DI will be fine for about 3 hours. I just wasn’t sure how the flow rate would be etc, also if there was another cost effective option I hadn’t thought of for the first filter stage to bring TDS right down before the DI
The only problem of filtering it first is if the pressure is low you will not produce pure quick enough to keep you going.

The only problem of filtering it first is if the pressure is low you will not produce pure quick enough to keep you going.
That was one of my concerns, I wondered if anyone had done it to see how much it affected the pressure. 

I can visit the site to check pressure beforehand but no one is living there yet so I’ll wait until then to get a better idea

Slightly more time consuming but this idea could work - arrive, hook up two vessels to exterior tap, carry round backpack and just keep refilling as it runs out of water - say you have a 20-22L backpack thats gonna be a few refills but you get good low tds water for a great finish and its better than having weird hoses running out of vessels and flow problems with the pressure changing when someone runs a tap in the building

Back