Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

would you work in this weather?

Looks favourable. Wind speeds Nice and calm thats the main thing where ladders are concerned. Dont do much trad but will be clearing gutters most of the day. The rain aint gonna stop put it that way...make the best of the worst this time of year and only try and miss the most horrendous of days. Forecasts not accurate enough until the night before or even the morning sometimes...it could change dramatically in the next 48 hours for better or worse

Looks favourable. Wind speeds Nice and calm thats the main thing where ladders are concerned. Dont do much trad but will be clearing gutters most of the day. The rain aint gonna stop put it that way...make the best of the worst this time of year and only try and miss the most horrendous of days. Forecasts not accurate enough until the night before or even the morning sometimes...it could change dramatically in the next 48 hours for better or worse
too true. I check a lot of forecasts and they often differ, hard to find the best one. Wont be long till its drought season again.

too true. I check a lot of forecasts and they often differ, hard to find the best one. Wont be long till its drought season again.
Aye before you know it i’ll be taking a day off in the heatwave to go to the beach and we’ll all be groaning that the suns waking us up at 4 am and scrubbing for ten minutes to remove caked on seagull poo on loft extension windows ? everythings so easy to clean at the moment as its on constant pre soak

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t think you can go by any weather forecast I think it’s a matter of going out and seeing if it’s safe to work where you had planed , due to the wind we have had to alter where we were planning on working today we had to move to a more sheltered area in a valley hopefully in the next couple of days we can do the other more exposed locations   

spacer.png

It's lovely here @Part Timerdoing a first clean in a mo while a bloke is pulling his kids round on a sled lol.

20200227_100212.jpg

It was snowing here first thing but the suns come out and it’s all cleared up. It sometimes pays to stick it out for an hour two. Tbh I prefer the snow than the rain as you don’t get as wet. 

Back