Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advertising sign cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Lee85

Hi all,

I'm after some advice please.

I have been contacted by a potential customer with a view to cleaning their advertising sign, the sign is situated on the side of a dual carriage way. As such it's quite dirty, the sign itself is straight forward enough to clean... hopefully! I was going to spray with UBIK and scrub off with pure. 

My issue arises with how much to charge for this sort of work? Parking is none existent and such I'll have to park the van on the pavement/ hedge. I was thinking a sunday morning when both traffic and walkers/cyclists should be at a minimum. It's only a couple of minutes from my house so no travelling involved.

Any advise appreciated. I attach a picture i have taken from google maps of the sign.

Thanks,Lee.

Screenshot_20200225-164456_Maps.jpg

If it’s on a duel carriage way can you stop to do it legally ??? Is it worth the risk of someone crashing into you ?. It would have pay very well to evan consider doing it to be honest .

Thanks @Pjj, that was my initial concern regarding where to physically park up to do the job. Gardeners who tend to the hedges etc do park on the path but as the legalities I'm guessing not legally, or as they are working for the council perhaps different to me parking up? Definitely not worth having the van wrote off for a few quid. 

Thanks @Pjj, that was my initial concern regarding where to physically park up to do the job. Gardeners who tend to the hedges etc do park on the path but as the legalities I'm guessing not legally, or as they are working for the council perhaps different to me parking up? Definitely not worth having the van wrote off for a few quid. 
From my Fireservice experience if you are going to do it use your van to protect you so park it well before the sign so that any vehicle will crash into your van not hitting you , but as I say is it worth the potential risk ? Only you can decide that , but Ime sure there is a far easier and safer way to earn a few quid ??

From my Fireservice experience if you are going to do it use your van to protect you so park it well before the sign so that any vehicle will crash into your van not hitting you , but as I say is it worth the potential risk ? Only you can decide that , but Ime sure there is a far easier and safer way to earn a few quid 
I think I will put in a ridiculously high price, if by a miracle I get it ,I have found a side road a good 15mins walk away where I can chuck the backpack on a trolley and have a walk to it, only worth doing if it's well paid though. Thanks for the advice much appreciated.

Latest Posts

Back