Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiners pole extentions

D

Deleted member 84

I've got a carbon fibre 45 ft gardiners pole I'm wanting to buy the 10-12 sections to extend it. Has anybody else bought and used these. I was told down the phone this set up would be rigid. I'd only need to use it with the extentions on 8 windows at around 60 ft.

I'm unsure about risking £366 and it snapping or just looking for a 60 ft second hand pole coming up to buy.

I've got a carbon fibre 45 ft gardiners pole I'm wanting to buy the 10-12 sections to extend it. Has anybody else bought and used these. I was told down the phone this set up would be rigid. I'd only need to use it with the extentions on 8 windows at around 60 ft.

I'm unsure about risking £366 and it snapping or just looking for a 60 ft second hand pole coming up to buy.
What pole do you have ? Extreame ? Smax or what ?. 

SLX carbon fibre 45 ft
Ah ok slx will be very whippey   at 60 feet , depending on funds and how often you use it I think something else would be better , I have the ultimate and that’s the best high pole I have used , I did have an extream years ago and found that to whippey as well at that height .

Last edited by a moderator:
I would need to clean with it for 10 minutes per month  tops just the pent houses 60 ft up. Would 8 have enough control on it for a gentle cleaning of the glass? No risk of pole snapping if I go steady and low winds? 

I would need to clean with it for 10 minutes per month  tops just the pent houses 60 ft up. Would 8 have enough control on it for a gentle cleaning of the glass? No risk of pole snapping if I go steady and low winds? 
The biggest slx I have used was the 39 I found cleaning windows with it like having a shark on the end of a very light fishing rod ???? they are a nice pole and Ime sure provided you don’t over extent each section it will be fine and not snap but trying to be accurate cleaning a window at 60 feet high will be very hard work , you will need to stand a long way from the building as they tend bow in the middle a lot as well .

I would need to clean with it for 10 minutes per month  tops just the pent houses 60 ft up. 
I'd say to the customer that you're unable to reach those windows. Unless you're charging really well for those 8 windows, it's not worth it IMO.

Hi Alpineyorks

Can you remember the exact wording that my team used over the phone? Did they say it would be 'Rigid'? Or did they say something like 'it should be rigid enough for occasional use'?

I am hoping that none of my Customer Service Team would describe a 45ft SLX with triple extension pack as 'rigid' ?

The pole would not snap in general use at this height, but it would be pretty flexible, although for just 8 windows it could be OK.

Hi Alex yes I got told it would be rigid which to be honest at £366 is not what I'd want to hear. I put the phone down thinking I was stuck hence coming on to this forum for advise of people that might have the same set up. I was also told that I would receive an email with the two product options on so I could think about it further at home which I havent recieved 

Last edited:
I'd say to the customer that you're unable to reach those windows. Unless you're charging really well for those 8 windows, it's not worth it IMO.
Penthouse flats that overpowered the rest of the 10 flats below. So without them t

The job doesnt exsist 

Hi Alex yes I got told it would be rigid which to be honest at £366 is not what I'd want to hear. I put the phone down thinking I was stuck hence coming on to this forum for advise of people that might have the same set up. I was also told that I would receive an email with the two product options on so I could think about it further at home which I havent recieved 
Hi AlpineYorks

If you could email me your name to [email protected] I can look up the phone conversation and take a listen as I would not want the team to say that an SLX47 and triple extension is 'rigid' without a 'qualifier' being added at least - I can then take a listen and provide training if needed ?

Your best solution for working at 60ft would be:

Ultimate 63 - £2395+VAT

or

Xtreme47 and 2x #10 extensions - £1235 + VAT

Adding a triple extension to an SLX47 will work (as long as you removed the #10 handle sections first) - it would give you a 57ft pole and will allow you to work at this needed height, but will not be the easiest pole to control. However at just £305+VAT it is your cheapest way of getting that high.

Back