Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Your windows have been cleaned cards

Gasket

Hi guys,

Just a simple little query, as per normal I put cards through to let customers know I've cleaned , and then call back during the week to collect cash, if they are out 

With my ever growing go cardless customers, do you still put a card through their door, or rely on the email notification that they get, or do have a separate designed card saying go cardless will collect payment etc.

I still use a one size fits all card I have those on GC cash payers etc some of my cash and cheque payers pay months in advance so I can just write paid in amount is due box, this also applies to GC payers were I write the amount due for the days clean sometimes it's less than agreed if I have had to miss out veluxs because the wind has got up, as above better to leave a card so they know you have been

Hi guys,

Just a simple little query, as per normal I put cards through to let customers know I've cleaned , and then call back during the week to collect cash, if they are out 

With my ever growing go cardless customers, do you still put a card through their door, or rely on the email notification that they get, or do have a separate designed card saying go cardless will collect payment etc.
I’ve stopped using cards for all but a few older customers who normally pay cash at the door but are occasionally out. Instead I just text all my customers instead to let them know I’ve been. ?

I don’t bother with cards, I always text all customers that their windows have been cleaned today, it’s easier to track when they was last done and customers can’t “lose” the card to say you’d been

I don't bother with cards anymore and haven't since April cash payers are always around right now and those on GoCardless the email is the notice that I have cleaned the windows, texts are only sent for access that's it . 

I used calling cards up to march, with a separate card for GC customers. I've completely switched to text message invoicing using squeegee. It's so much easier.

It's set it up so that when I mark a job as done, it automatically sends a text message saying that the windows/gutters/conservatory roof (whichever service it was) were cleaned today and it has the job price and a link to view the invoice. Below that is a total balance due which also includes any previously owed money. 

The invoice has bank details at the bottom and a button to set up GC at the top. 

On the face of it I brought the change in to limit my contact with the customers, but I'd been wanting to do it and also go completely cashless for a while and there's never going to be a better opportunity. I hope. 

Back