Gasket

Your windows have been cleaned cards

Gasket

Hi guys,

Just a simple little query, as per normal I put cards through to let customers know I've cleaned , and then call back during the week to collect cash, if they are out 

With my ever growing go cardless customers, do you still put a card through their door, or rely on the email notification that they get, or do have a separate designed card saying go cardless will collect payment etc.

vertigo

Most of my customers are on GoCardless and I still post a slip through. It just proves that you've attended on the day. 

Iron Giant

I still use a one size fits all card I have those on GC cash payers etc some of my cash and cheque payers pay months in advance so I can just write paid in amount is due box, this also applies to GC payers were I write the amount due for the days clean sometimes it's less than agreed if I have had to miss out veluxs because the wind has got up, as above better to leave a card so they know you have been

Master Jedi Alejandro
41 minutes ago, Gasket said:

Hi guys,

Just a simple little query, as per normal I put cards through to let customers know I've cleaned , and then call back during the week to collect cash, if they are out 

With my ever growing go cardless customers, do you still put a card through their door, or rely on the email notification that they get, or do have a separate designed card saying go cardless will collect payment etc.

I’ve stopped using cards for all but a few older customers who normally pay cash at the door but are occasionally out. Instead I just text all my customers instead to let them know I’ve been. 🙂

scottish cleaning service
2 hours ago, Master Jedi Alejandro said:

I’ve stopped using cards for all but a few older customers who normally pay cash at the door but are occasionally out. Instead I just text all my customers instead to let them know I’ve been. 🙂

I still like the idea of a card when they walk through the door but a text is simple.

Dirty dan

I don’t bother with cards, I always text all customers that their windows have been cleaned today, it’s easier to track when they was last done and customers can’t “lose” the card to say you’d been

Iron Giant

I don't bother with cards anymore and haven't since April cash payers are always around right now and those on GoCardless the email is the notice that I have cleaned the windows, texts are only sent for access that's it . 

Skxawng

I used calling cards up to march, with a separate card for GC customers. I've completely switched to text message invoicing using squeegee. It's so much easier.

It's set it up so that when I mark a job as done, it automatically sends a text message saying that the windows/gutters/conservatory roof (whichever service it was) were cleaned today and it has the job price and a link to view the invoice. Below that is a total balance due which also includes any previously owed money. 

The invoice has bank details at the bottom and a button to set up GC at the top. 

On the face of it I brought the change in to limit my contact with the customers, but I'd been wanting to do it and also go completely cashless for a while and there's never going to be a better opportunity. I hope. 

scottish cleaning service

My customers like my card idea? Not sure why, maybe a touch personal.