Dabber

Wet and Forget on Conservatory Roof

Dabber

Hi

ive got a customer who has a large conservatory with self cleaning glass.There is mould and algae on the main ridge of the roof.

They have asked if I can clean the ridge which I’ve explained would lead to the rest of the roof needing to be cleaned.

The roof on one side angles down towards the wall of the house so it’s a real pain and I don’t want the job.

ive seen a product called Wet and Forget.

Would  this be ok to spray on the ridge of the roof and just leave to do its work ?
Has anyone used this product and is it any good ?
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Dabber

Dave B

No point using any type of skow acting biocide on upvc as it's not pourous so will wash straight off and not do it's job.

Edited by Dave B

Pjj

I have used a product called spray and walk away it’s a biocide and it will kill any organic growth and over time the rain is supposed to wash it off , to be honest there is no better way to do the job than with wfp instant results and do the whole roof if they don’t want to pay what it will cost then I would walk away the more awkward and time consuming the job the higher the price 

Dabber

Thanks for the advice.

They don’t want to pay to have it all done so I won’t be able to help them.

THL4KEL

A customer who I worked for yesterday was going on at me about how great wet and forget is. He said you can only buy it on Amazon. So I had a look last night, plenty of people put pictures up of the end results. I would not waste your money because the end result was poor.. I don't think any of our customers would be happy with the results I saw. People use it as an alternative to pressure washing as well. 

Doddy111

I had a walk up today they told me they’d put wet & forget on their conservatory roof & it hadn’t worked so they wanted me to clean it, £120 I quoted which was a fair price as I normally price them high, the guy nearly fainted he couldn’t believe the price.

Stick to your £10 bottle of “magic” mate, tight arses like that do my head in. 

scottish cleaning service
59 minutes ago, Doddy111 said:

I had a walk up today they told me they’d put wet & forget on their conservatory roof & it hadn’t worked so they wanted me to clean it, £120 I quoted which was a fair price as I normally price them high, the guy nearly fainted he couldn’t believe the price.

Stick to your £10 bottle of “magic” mate, tight arses like that do my head in. 

No Pain, no gain so they say. Not sure who its referring too, though. 😆

NoName

I got a patio call today...she had used wet and forget and nearly killed her cat...(her words)...and was keen to know what I would use...let's see how that one pans out...

Edited by NoName