Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wet and Forget on Conservatory Roof

Dabber

Hi

ive got a customer who has a large conservatory with self cleaning glass.There is mould and algae on the main ridge of the roof.

They have asked if I can clean the ridge which I’ve explained would lead to the rest of the roof needing to be cleaned.

The roof on one side angles down towards the wall of the house so it’s a real pain and I don’t want the job.

ive seen a product called Wet and Forget.

Would  this be ok to spray on the ridge of the roof and just leave to do its work ?
Has anyone used this product and is it any good ?
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Dabber

No point using any type of skow acting biocide on upvc as it's not pourous so will wash straight off and not do it's job.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used a product called spray and walk away it’s a biocide and it will kill any organic growth and over time the rain is supposed to wash it off , to be honest there is no better way to do the job than with wfp instant results and do the whole roof if they don’t want to pay what it will cost then I would walk away the more awkward and time consuming the job the higher the price 

A customer who I worked for yesterday was going on at me about how great wet and forget is. He said you can only buy it on Amazon. So I had a look last night, plenty of people put pictures up of the end results. I would not waste your money because the end result was poor.. I don't think any of our customers would be happy with the results I saw. People use it as an alternative to pressure washing as well. 

I had a walk up today they told me they’d put wet & forget on their conservatory roof & it hadn’t worked so they wanted me to clean it, £120 I quoted which was a fair price as I normally price them high, the guy nearly fainted he couldn’t believe the price.

Stick to your £10 bottle of “magic” mate, tight arses like that do my head in. 

I had a walk up today they told me they’d put wet & forget on their conservatory roof & it hadn’t worked so they wanted me to clean it, £120 I quoted which was a fair price as I normally price them high, the guy nearly fainted he couldn’t believe the price.

Stick to your £10 bottle of “magic” mate, tight arses like that do my head in. 
No Pain, no gain so they say. Not sure who its referring too, though. ?

I got a patio call today...she had used wet and forget and nearly killed her cat...(her words)...and was keen to know what I would use...let's see how that one pans out...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have used many types of wet n forget & find it excellent. No you won't get instant results, you have to wait around 3 weeks before you see your say patio improve as it takes time to work but in the end the results are stunning. Like new again. Their window cleaner is also fabulous & makes the job much easier. Don't knock it before you've tried it & have patience & read the instructions first.
This post is 3 years old , and if you read what I have posted I have used most of this type of products that are on the market , most of our customers expect to see instant results we charge a premium and that’s what they get instant results no waiting weeks to months for it to work and possibly needing re treatments , and I have read the instructions that’s why we don’t usually use this type of product due to the time delay , I wouldn’t pay someone hundreds of pounds on the understand that something will be clean like new in a few weeks or months .Also theses types of products aren’t really suited for plastics on conservatory roofs they are a smooth surface that the product won’t stay on so 99% will just run off unlike rough renders etc

@Pjj you are correct biocides that take a while to work are pointless when it has nowhere to soak into like plastic as it will wash straight off

But are far better then hypo on render as it will kill the algae spores whereas hypo doesn't!!
Hypo does kill algae and spores , lightning cleanse is basically hypo and that’s what it’s designed to do , biocides will kill it as well but take a lot longer to work

Back