Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole recommendations please?

Hi guys.

I need to buy a new pole, I’ve looked at the gardiner website but they seem to be really expensive...! 

Can anyone recommend a decent pole and where to get one from please? 

Thanks, Luke. 

Gardiners are the best if just starting out have a look at the clx range they are a good basic pole and good value for  money , if working above 25 feet though the slx range would be better . 

I use a clx 22.

Yes it flexes way more than a clx but it's a lot cheaper. I like it's small size and lightness.

I still have my old pole for the 4 jobs I have where it dosnt reach.

I do 3 story work with this pole but it's the limit of how short you can go and still do 3 stories.

decent, very light and rigid carbon poles are expensive....if you want to maximize your working days with sheer ease of use and speed then buy an xtreme 25...itll cost you around £640

if your just starting out then a CLX pole is an ok budget pole until your earning half decent money....

decent, very light and rigid carbon poles are expensive....if you want to maximize your working days with sheer ease of use and speed then buy an xtreme 25...itll cost you around £640

if your just starting out then a CLX pole is an ok budget pole until your earning half decent money....
Lol I have now got a clx 18 as my everyday pole after having an extreme 18 the clx is a bit more  wippey but weight wise you don’t notice the difference, and it’s not a case of cannot afford  it either I have chosen to use the clx  . 

Last edited by a moderator:
Slx is a great all rounder not that expensive imo, but I’m a extreme user thru and thru due to arthritis. 

Lol I have now got a clx 18 as my everyday pole after having an extreme 18 the clx is a bit more  wippey but weight wise you don’t notice the difference, and it’s not a case of cannot afford  it either I have chosen to use the clx  . 
I will from now only buy CLX poles upto 27'. The difference is minimal and any experienced WFP user that claims they cant use them needs to remember the fibreglass poles.

Personally think you've all bought into the sales patter that tells you how much better the Xtremes of this world are and you've all fallen for it hook line and sinker.

I will from now only buy CLX poles upto 27'. The difference is minimal and any experienced WFP user that claims they cant use them needs to remember the fibreglass poles.

Personally think you've all bought into the sales patter that tells you how much better the Xtremes of this world are and you've all fallen for it hook line and sinker.
When I started a couple of years ago my uncle lent my Fiberglass poles to get started - almost gave up before I began! Don’t know how you lot used them regularly for years! ?

I’ve never used an Extreme but my first ever pole was a facelift phoenix before I got my slx’s and the difference in rigidity is very noticeable 
Was that a full carbon phoenix or hybrid pole, considering a facelift Hi-mod pole next 

Latest Posts

Back