Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Spring is here!

Chris33

Picked up around 10 houses in 2 or 3 days, and some decent add ons. Is everyone else starting to pick up more this last week? 

Feels like spring is here

Picked up around 10 houses in 2 or 3 days, and some decent add ons. Is everyone else starting to pick up more this last week? 

Feels like spring is here
 not really. mind you, have been a bit half hearted trying for more. At the moment all im doing is got an add in a local free mag. I just cant do the door knocking thing, sometimes deliver flyers. Sooo much competition here for a small town. population in woodbridge of about 10 thousand, but i know of at least a dozen different cleaners who come here. 

not really. mind you, have been a bit half hearted trying for more. At the moment all im doing is got an add in a local free mag. I just cant do the door knocking thing, sometimes deliver flyers. Sooo much competition here for a small town. population in woodbridge of about 10 thousand, but i know of at least a dozen different cleaners who come here. 
Cant you step to a new area? Would be a struggle to build a full round in a town that size without at least some focused advertising though yeah

I'm fully booked March already because of the weather. Resting all last week because I know what's in front of me. Will not be putting up with timewasters now, just too busy now. I need to spend another 4 grand on things to fully implement my plan for the future so its good to focus on.

Cant you step to a new area? Would be a struggle to build a full round in a town that size without at least some focused advertising though yeah
I do, I go about a ten mile radius, Its not too bad as i get by ok. If I put in a bit more effort could get more. You really do get back what you put in. Thing is with me, Im possibly gonna be moving so didnt want to build it too much. 

I do, I go about a ten mile radius, Its not too bad as i get by ok. If I put in a bit more effort could get more. You really do get back what you put in. Thing is with me, Im possibly gonna be moving so didnt want to build it too much. 
Totally understandable yeah. 

I should have implemented that ten mile radius rule. A few weeks ago after a job I travelled another 10 miles to see a gutter job because they couldn't get anyone. Made arrangements with them and when I turned up they weren't even in so I had a look with my ladders. When I got home I texted to inform them of my findings and didn't even get a reply. No wonder they can't get anyone but it was my fault trying to be too nice. 10 mile radius is implemented after that lesson.

I should have implemented that ten mile radius rule. A few weeks ago after a job I travelled another 10 miles to see a gutter job because they couldn't get anyone. Made arrangements with them and when I turned up they weren't even in so I had a look with my ladders. When I got home I texted to inform them of my findings and didn't even get a reply. No wonder they can't get anyone but it was my fault trying to be too nice. 10 mile radius is implemented after that lesson.
Your doing lots of add ons though aren't you? Hard to implement a 10 mile plan if you are. Far easier if window focused and in a town of maybe 30k or more. 

I have been picking up a steady flow of new work for the last 2-3 weeks, also lost some mind so swings and roundabouts at the minute.

Your doing lots of add ons though aren't you? Hard to implement a 10 mile plan if you are. Far easier if window focused and in a town of maybe 30k or more. 
I like the add-ons. Just focusing on good window clean jobs and don't want to go above 100. I do a lot of work for my neighbours and yesterday I PW their front steps. They had been painted and the paint flakes went all over the place. Another freebie I thought. Then it turns out one of them got a new settee and I got their old one. Now the new settee is too big so I'm getting it as they are getting a smaller one. ?

I have been picking up a steady flow of new work for the last 2-3 weeks, also lost some mind so swings and roundabouts at the minute.
We've lost a few as well, but picked up slightly more than we've lost (not unusual). I always say that "as long as the tide of customer numbers and income is building in our favour, even if it's only slightly, that's oK." 

The virus is going to be a financial challenge for a lot of people. I feel, though that we're in a better position than a lot of folk. We work outdoors so we're generally quite hardy and we're not in a career where a business can catastrophically and suddenly fail, such as a shop or factory. We have a great degree of control in our own destinies and are fairly self reliant. In my case a lot of our customers are retired from working in jobs when they had proper pension schemes. Their income won't be affected and most of them are very loyal to us. I think we're probably as a nation going to be in for a rough ride with the virus in general though. 

Best of luck to us all. ⚓?

The jobs I have picked up are better priced jobs so not a bad thing all in all.

Regarding the virus, yes the way they are talking about things it could be rough ride in terms of people becoming ill, not so sure if or how we windys will be affected on the whole, I guess we will have to wait and see as only time will tell, ultimately if the correct precautions are taken from the top with the goverment things should be all good and the affect will be less if everyone takes precautions.

Other viruses have been more contagious just with a lower fatality rate, just had a look at and online tracker via a media website, I personally don't think China locked things down fast enough, and despite their apparent lock down they happily let people fly out of China for weeks before putting a halt on travel, the virus has made the leap from animals apparently, no wonder from a country that eats anything that moves from land and sea, certainly seems like they let it get out way of control before taking any real action. 

Regarding the virus, yes the way they are talking about things it could be rough ride in terms of people becoming ill, not so sure if or how we windys will be affected on the whole, I guess we will have to wait and see as only time will tell, ultimately if the correct precautions are taken from the top with the goverment things should be all good and the affect will be less if everyone takes precautions.

Other viruses have been more contagious just with a lower fatality rate, just had a look at and online tracker via a media website, I personally don't think China locked things down fast enough, and despite their apparent lock down they happily let people fly out of China for weeks before putting a halt on travel, the virus has made the leap from animals apparently, no wonder from a country that eats anything that moves from land and sea, certainly seems like they let it get out way of control before taking any real action. 
Correct precautions from the top is a big ask unfortunately for the usual standard of muppet in charge. For instance if I remember correctly the first flight into London from Wuhan, they let all the passengers off without any medical checks, or asking where they were going to be ... Oh! They did give them a leaflet. China let them out, we shouldn't have let them in. Certainly not without proper checks.

Correct precautions from the top is a big ask unfortunately for the usual standard of muppet in charge. For instance if I remember correctly the first flight into London from Wuhan, they let all the passengers off without any medical checks, or asking where they were going to be ... Oh! They did give them a leaflet. China let them out, we shouldn't have let them in. Certainly not without proper checks.
A muppet who I watched night discussing this virus, and I could swear he himself didn't know what the next word was that came out his own mouth. 

This was something that was been discussed around 5 weeks ago on Jeremy Vine on Radio 2, which was when I found out all travel hadn't been suspended, so people were flying off all around the world after been to China. 

Flu related deaths in the UK from 2014-2019 averages something like 1700 per year!!!. How many deaths world wide has Coronavirus virus caused?.

Flu related deaths in the UK from 2014-2019 averages something like 1700 per year!!!. How many deaths world wide has Coronavirus virus caused?.
It's 17,000 not 1,700 ? Coronavirus is a different strain which they likely don't fully understand as yet and with something like a new strain they have to be more cautious, also considering China's past you have to cautious, they said they are locking things down but each epidemic flu strain in the last two decades has come out of China, I am thinking something needs doing and all the other nations including ours should have been taking action long before now, they talk about the cold war with Russia, whats the crack with China 

Summers on it's way so the virus won't spread as quick.  When it's cold the flu spreads best, it's 10 times worse in winter.  It's hit at just the right time really, hopefully the increased sunshine and warmth will keep it at bay long enough for us to make our summer money.  I've been giving the door handles a proper clean, don't want my customers dying on me ?  

Summers on it's way so the virus won't spread as quick.  When it's cold the flu spreads best, it's 10 times worse in winter.  It's hit at just the right time really, hopefully the increased sunshine and warmth will keep it at bay long enough for us to make our summer money.  I've been giving the door handles a proper clean, don't want my customers dying on me ?  
It's in some of the hot countries already and doing quite a bit of harm as far as I know. This could unfold any way. Might not be too bad but might be dreadful.

Back