Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Mazzoni 250b 21lpm hotbox

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have exactly the same question! I'm looking to get the hotbox to speed up my roof cleaning jobs. Would be great to hear others feedback!
Why do you need hotwater to clean roofs? Nothing adheres well on a roof so a light pressure wash and job done. I wouldn't waste my money on a hotbox and just get a good 250bar @ 21lpm Washer like me and PJJ has. I was using mine today with my homemade wooden whirlaway, great.

Why do you need hotwater to clean roofs? Nothing adheres well on a roof so a light pressure wash and job done. I wouldn't waste my money on a hotbox and just get a good 250bar @ 21lpm Washer like me and PJJ has. I was using mine today with my homemade wooden whirlaway, great.
Thanks for your reply!

I have been told by many both in the roofing trade & in property maintenance / cleaning that pressure washing tiles can remove the protective silt coating & shorten the lifespan of the roof.

The idea of the hot box is cleaning with steam rather than water/hot water is non-abrasive & doesn't damage the tiles?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your reply!

I have been told by many both in the roofing trade & in property maintenance / cleaning that pressure washing tiles can remove the protective silt coating & shorten the lifespan of the roof.

The idea of the hot box is cleaning with steam rather than water/hot water is less abrasive & doesn't damage the tiles?
What a lot of rubbish. Of course they will tell you that to protect their jobs and business. Tile are made of sand and cement and the top coat vanishes after a few years because of the acid rain. A tile is 30mm thick and after 25 years on a roof it goes down to 20mm thick. That's why when we clear gutters we mostly get sand in our hose a vac. I don't listen to roofers anymore because they want the customer to replace their roof with new tiles. If everyone got their roof pressure washed and applied 3 coats of industrial oilbased paint then there would be no need to replace tiles and 90% of roofers would be out of a job. 

Back